This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Torment: Tides of Numenera announced to be turn based combat

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Torment: Tides of Numenera announced to be turn based combat

User Info: ChromaticAngel

ChromaticAngel
3 years ago#1
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera/posts/686723

Victory for all things fair and just in the world of party based RPGs.
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.

User Info: JJH777

JJH777
3 years ago#2
I prefer real time with pause but oh well. Project Eternity is enough to fill that craving it's actually kind of nice that they will be different.
9/2/13-The Hero of GameFAQs fought bravely but fell to an unrelenting horde supported by a corrupt tyranny.
R.I.P. Hero of Time, 7 time CB Champion, Link

User Info: arleas

arleas
3 years ago#3
I voted for turn based and I'm glad it won, but it won by only a 1% margin, it was practically a tie.
http://astats.astats.nl/astats/astats_card_76561197969913402.png
http://i.imgur.com/ByJEpRK.gif

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
3 years ago#4
Glad turn based won. All the twitchy real time CRPG posers polluting the genre since they bandwagoned on with Baldurs Gate and Might and Magic 6 can cry me some tangy delicious tears.
You'll be my John G.

User Info: Steamster

Steamster
3 years ago#5
Hi C posted...
Glad turn based won. All the twitchy real time CRPG posers polluting the genre since they bandwagoned on with Baldurs Gate and Might and Magic 6 can cry me some tangy delicious tears.

It's cool to have your preferences, but a well designed real time combat game isn't inherently bad.

Unless of course you suck. But do you suck? Are you willing to admit that? Are you man enough?

User Info: codyorr

codyorr
3 years ago#6
Sweet! My vote won!

User Info: Dark Elf

Dark Elf
3 years ago#7
It's a risky decision. Real-time with pause would never betray expectations (Planescape Torment being the spiritual predecessor), whereas turn-based might be divisive.

On the other hand, a turn-based system is easier to program and allows for more depth, provided that it's well designed.

User Info: Bellum_Sacrum

Bellum_Sacrum
3 years ago#8
Are they trying to sell a game that requires thinking to modern gamers? Are they mad?
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."

User Info: dekou

dekou
3 years ago#9
It's a good choice. The RTwP combat of Infinity Engine games always felt more like a gimmick to me. On a decent difficulty setting, it just forced you into pausing all the time. TB combat supports precise tactics and complex abilities better.

User Info: Golden_Gonads

Golden_Gonads
3 years ago#10
I'd prefer real-time as Wasteland 2 & Divinity 3 are already going to be turn-based. But at least Eternity will be RTwP.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Torment: Tides of Numenera announced to be turn based combat

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived