This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anybody have the Cooler Master "Elite" 430 case?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anybody have the Cooler Master "Elite" 430 case?

User Info: kalakdrin

kalakdrin
3 years ago#1
I'm at the end of my build, but I can't figure out what I need to plug in to get the power button to work. The fan at the bottom has a power connector so I plugged that in. At the top of the case are 3 cables: USB, AC'97 and HD Audio. UC'97 matches up with the motherboard so I plugged that in to the correct spot. I plugged the USB cord into JUSB2 on the motherboard.

What exactly turns the computer on? Is there another cable somewhere? I switched the computer on earlier by shorting 2 switches on JFP1. Is that where I need to plug something in? Motherboard is MSI FM2-A75Ma-E35

User Info: KingTremolo

KingTremolo
3 years ago#2
I have the 431. There should be a series of tiny colored cables that all get plugged into a rectangular shaped connector on the motherboard. Sorry I don't know the names of these things.
i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHz/4 GB DDR3 Ram & 1600 mhz(soon to be upgraded)/HIS 7770 GHz edition (soon to be upgraded)/Gigabyte Z77-DS3H/Cooler master Elite 430

User Info: Snadados

Snadados
3 years ago#3
There should be a cable bundle with a bunch of plugs labeled power (or PWR), reset, HDD LED, power LED.
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?

kalakdrin
3 years ago#4
Found the cables thanks!

kalakdrin
3 years ago#5
Next question: how do I get the front fan to work?

User Info: NicoC96

NicoC96
3 years ago#6
kalakdrin posted...
Next question: how do I get the front fan to work?

Plug it into a fan header on your motherboard or molex power connector. Looking at the case on Newegg, I think yours has a molex connector to power the fan, but also has an extra connector for daisy chaining. Just plug whichever one fits into an open molex connector on your power supply.

EDIT: I looked closer and your fan actually comes with a fan connector to molex converter. You can remove the converter and just plug the fan connector into a fan header on your motherboard. There is a 4 pin fan header below to your 24 pin connector. Just line up the notch on the fans 3 pin and it will work fine. The 4th pin is just for power control on more expensive fans, but your fan will run at 100% power on just the 3.

kalakdrin
3 years ago#7
Ok I rechecked that connection and one of the pins was kind of pushed in, so I fixed that and now I have a blue led fan! Master race represent lol
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anybody have the Cooler Master "Elite" 430 case?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived