This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gtx 650 ti 2gb alternatives !?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gtx 650 ti 2gb alternatives !?

User Info: STEALTHINATE

STEALTHINATE
3 years ago#1
I'm planning to buy a graphics card but it has to cost around the same as the 650 any suggestions ?

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#2
Just to make sure I understand, you want something that's not a GTX 650 Ti 2 GB, around the same price and comparable horsepower?
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

STEALTHINATE
3 years ago#3
It can be like 10-20 $ difference but better power and reliability

Shub
3 years ago#4
There's nothing unreliable about the GTX 650 Ti, perhaps you just had a bad card, that's no reason to swear off the GPU itself.
Anyway, I guess you could get a Radeon R7 260X.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
3 years ago#5
Do not get a 650 unless it's a 650ti boost.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u155ncSlkCk

STEALTHINATE
3 years ago#6
Shub posted...
There's nothing unreliable about the GTX 650 Ti, perhaps you just had a bad card, that's no reason to swear off the GPU itself.
Anyway, I guess you could get a Radeon R7 260X.

Specs ?

User Info: phantasy

phantasy
3 years ago#7
GTX 660 $185 with a $20 mail in rebate

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127699

R9 270 $180 or go for the r9 270x for $20 more

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127769

Honestly I would wait until newegg got more of the sapphire 7870 in stock, goes for $170
[This message was FORCEFULLY deleted by a moderator or administrator]

Shub
3 years ago#8
STEALTHINATE posted...
Specs ?

Not sure what you mean. The R7 260X came out recently. It's in the same rough price range as the GTX 650 Ti, but it performs a bit better, and the 650 Ti Boost is a bit better than the R7 260X.
-What is best in life?

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
3 years ago#9
Kokuei05 posted...
Do not get a 650 unless it's a 650ti boost.

If he's not gaming at 1080 there's no reason not to just get a 650ti unless the boost happens to be cheaper. At 720 their performance is basically identical, it's only at 1080 where the boost shines. At 1080 the 650ti's memory interface becomes a bottleneck, the main difference between it and the boost is that the boost has the same memory interface as a 660.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gtx 650 ti 2gb alternatives !?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived