This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

BitCoin Mining and Free Electricity

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. BitCoin Mining and Free Electricity

User Info: Ch3wy

Ch3wy
3 years ago#31
ATARIJAWA posted...
XxTwisted26xX posted...
Hmm, well lets say that paying electricty isnt a concern. It will be paid off.

With 4 poopy laptops and my current rig, it will be a good nice money gain?

I think they said its $9 a Bitcoin right now?

With the rate it's going with the recent surge of users in the last few weeks even with 4 laptops and your rig it would take over a year to make 1 bitcoin. The time of making money on it has passed. It's the end of the fad now and the crash is just around the corner.

They said that when it was $140.
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.

User Info: XxTwisted26xX

XxTwisted26xX
3 years ago#32
Will mining bitcoins slow down my internet network btw? Like should I connected everything to the internet router with ethernet cables and not wirelessly?
Steam: xxtwisted26xx
Not the best but it's my first: i5-3570k(CPU) Memory 8GB (RAM) Radeon HD 7970 (GPU) Rosewell 650 (PSU) 120GB King (SSD) Asus VN247HP 1ms

User Info: Worknofun370

Worknofun370
3 years ago#33
Ch3wy posted...
ATARIJAWA posted...
XxTwisted26xX posted...
Hmm, well lets say that paying electricty isnt a concern. It will be paid off.

With 4 poopy laptops and my current rig, it will be a good nice money gain?

I think they said its $9 a Bitcoin right now?

With the rate it's going with the recent surge of users in the last few weeks even with 4 laptops and your rig it would take over a year to make 1 bitcoin. The time of making money on it has passed. It's the end of the fad now and the crash is just around the corner.

They said that when it was $140.

Do you understand how Mining bitcoins works? And why it becomes less feasible as time passes?

User Info: XxTwisted26xX

XxTwisted26xX
3 years ago#34
I know theres a limit on how many bit coins can be found a day and the value awarded is halved every 4 years.

Out of my 5 computers set up, only 3 are able to mine. The other 2 laptops from 2008 said they can only CPU mine and they still havent found anything :(.
Steam: xxtwisted26xx
Not the best but it's my first: i5-3570k(CPU) Memory 8GB (RAM) Radeon HD 7970 (GPU) Rosewell 650 (PSU) 120GB King (SSD) Asus VN247HP 1ms

User Info: Ravenoussd

Ravenoussd
3 years ago#35
ThePCElitist posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
I would imagine the laptops Overheating unless you got some really dope ass cooling for them.

Dope ass cooling

This should be the name of a company.

lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRFJoUBP54o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9J0ok18k_8
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. BitCoin Mining and Free Electricity

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived