This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is PNY a good brand?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is PNY a good brand?

User Info: Shebeskii

Shebeskii
4 years ago#11
PNY is solid. Their current 770 is middle of the pack quality by reviewers.

I had a PNY GTX 275 for almost 2 years. Worked great.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens

User Info: Cheech001

Cheech001
4 years ago#12
Really, your odds of getting a bad card is still very slim with any brand. Yeah some companies have worse quality control than others but nothing is going to be really bad. I have a sparkle 2g 560 that still works like a champ I used it for 1.5 years and now is in my little brothers build.

Now after saying that, it was part of a prebuilt. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have purchased it when building, unless some crazy deal like your 770.

User Info: Dukaduka1k82

Dukaduka1k82
4 years ago#13
I had a PNY card a couple of years ago, I cant remember what card though. It ran hot and after 3 months the fan on it went out and the card overheated and fried. Got a replacement and right after the warranty ran out the same thing happened, fan went out and the card overheated.
Asus i7-3610QM @ 2.3Ghz, 16gig ram, Nvidia 660m 2Gb, 1Tb hdd @ 7200rpm

User Info: fuzzyman

fuzzyman
4 years ago#14
I must have bought their RAM at some point

yes reputable and been around a while
http://i.imgur.com/hOjV6w3.jpg

User Info: Th1rte3n

Th1rte3n
4 years ago#15
Where you find it for 260?? I've been looking to buy a new card and this would be great.
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 470 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S

User Info: xKANONx

xKANONx
4 years ago#16
Clouddx posted...
Where you find it for 260?? I've been looking to buy a new card and this would be great.

not from a store unfortunately, a co-worker got it for free but he's not a gamer so he just wanted to sell it.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is PNY a good brand?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived