This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Could I get some help with this build?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Could I get some help with this build?

User Info: GreetsWithFire

GreetsWithFire
3 years ago#1
I haven't built a computer since like 2002 and I have been severely left behind in technical knowledge. I'm looking to build a decent-good gaming computer for DOTA 2 mainly. However, I would like to play some games that I missed from the last couple years as well as being ready for some upcoming releases. I'm not looking to crush anything graphically so this is more of a bang for my buck build. I have about 1000ish dollars for a budget but less would be great.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2k0Q0

Any suggestions for possible alternatives or glaring mistakes would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
"The hunter community is planning a protest between nap time and recess"-Rhamiel

User Info: Cheech001

Cheech001
3 years ago#2
I would stay away from i3's right now. While they are still ok I would not go below a quad core at this point for gaming.

Here is a decent build just over $1000 after rebates. I did include a 1tb drive, which your original build did not have. If you don't need that I would bump the motherboard up to the G45 z87. Also just chose a random $150 monitor just to hold the price.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2kIc4

User Info: GreetsWithFire

GreetsWithFire
3 years ago#3
Thank you very much!
"The hunter community is planning a protest between nap time and recess"-Rhamiel
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Could I get some help with this build?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived