This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wireless PC gamepads are disappointing.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wireless PC gamepads are disappointing.

User Info: SolidKnight

SolidKnight
3 years ago#1
I recently went to look for a wireless controller for my computers and I was disappointed at the options.

My criteria: must use either bluetooth or a nano-receiver.

The amount of controllers that met my criteria: one--the Logitech F710.

Everything else was either designed for a phone or had a massive dongle. I'm curious as to why I would want a wireless receiver that is way larger than it needs to be and has a three to six foot cable? What's the purpose of that?

Did I overlook some lesser known controller? Anybody know of any that meet my criteria?

User Info: youngfossil

youngfossil
3 years ago#2
PS3/4 controller or wireless 360 controller
While I may not agree with your opinion, I will defend to the death your right to have it.

SolidKnight
3 years ago#3
youngfossil posted...
PS3/4 controller or wireless 360 controller

Do they actually sync with your PC's bluetooth? When I looked at the Xbox controller, it had a giant dongle in the box. Further, I haven't heard of the PS3 controller being able to be used without using a USB cable and libusb.

User Info: Winpus

Winpus
3 years ago#4
360 controller is RF, and not only is the dongle huge, it also has a 3 ft cable.

User Info: Majoras_pants

Majoras_pants
3 years ago#5
Dualshock controller works with bluetooth. 360 controller requires a dongle.

I just go wired though. I hate having to charge controllers, and my couch is only like 15 feet from my TV anyway.

But wireless is definitely an option for those controllers and a variety of others.
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer

User Info: protools1983

protools1983
3 years ago#6
360 controller is hands down the best. Just grab the official (very important) wireless usb dongle for $15 online. It works flawlessly.
Xbox One - The console that made me the PC gamer I am today.
Yah like dahgs?

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 years ago#7
Those controllers with the cable and transceiver are all garbage. They usually have to be in line of sight of the transceiver and within a few feet.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: AnatomyHorror

AnatomyHorror
3 years ago#8
You didn't do too much research TC. 360 wireless with receiver works fine. As does PS3/PS4 controllers via usb charge cable or bluetooth.

SolidKnight
3 years ago#9
> Outlines criteria that excludes dongles.
> Gets told that he didn't do any research because the Xbox controller can be used with a dongle.

User Info: Majoras_pants

Majoras_pants
3 years ago#10
He means because you didn't look into PS3/4 remotes, probably.

I know the DS3 is AWFUL but if you really want a wireless controller the DS4 is a huge improvement and a viable option.
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wireless PC gamepads are disappointing.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived