This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is this video card good enough to run league of legends on high?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. is this video card good enough to run league of legends on high?

User Info: returnofbeans

returnofbeans
3 years ago#1
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121778

i dont know much about computer parts or strengths and i know LoL doesn't need very much strenghth in the first place. so if thats more power then needed does any one know of a cheaper one? i only really play to play LoL and World of tanks in case i need something ever so slightly stronger.

btw my comp needs a low profile video card.
eye'm the strongest! those who call idiots are the idiots you idiot!
Lol IGN: returnofbeans

User Info: ATARIJAWA

ATARIJAWA
3 years ago#2
probably medium since that's a multimedia card not a gaming card.
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 108

returnofbeans
3 years ago#3
oh that just goes to show how little i know lol. would you happen to know of a video card that falls around the 50-70 price range with low profile?

User Info: cuteboi100

cuteboi100
3 years ago#4
ATARIJAWA posted...
probably medium since that's a multimedia card not a gaming card.

I do not agree with this. Multimedia essentially card just means means low-mid range. I don't think any card in the low-mid range such as $60 can run LoL on high at 1080p at a good frame rate. If you go to the $100 cards I'm sure there's an option like the 7770 or 7790.
Xbox Live GT:ScaryPillow , iHaruyuki TERA:
LoL : ScaryPillow Maplestory: MLGLordly 16x I/L Arch Mage

returnofbeans
3 years ago#5
oh i dont own a 1080p monitor lol. my monitor is over 6 years old running on 7 now. its 1280X1024.

heres a bit more info intel core 2 duo 2.8Ghz 2.8Ghz
ACPI X86 based PC
Generic PnP monitor

thats what i can find in my device manager that i think was relevant.

edit: is this better? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254094&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

need it to really only play LoL and world of tanks.

User Info: JohnnyKooch

JohnnyKooch
3 years ago#6
I'm pretty sure this can do high.
I'm almost positive I was running LoL on high with my old GeForce 430, going about 60FPS and dipping into the 40's at worst.

User Info: cuteboi100

cuteboi100
3 years ago#7
You'd need to look at benchmarks.
Xbox Live GT:ScaryPillow , iHaruyuki TERA:
LoL : ScaryPillow Maplestory: MLGLordly 16x I/L Arch Mage

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
3 years ago#8
That monitor would be higher resolution and 16:9, both of which would be beneficial for gaming, but it had a really high response time which you don't really want. It did have a gaming mode which might help but I'm not sure, and I'm not familiar with that brand.

As for a card, you can get a low profile 7750 which, while I'm not really familiar with LoL's requirements, I would imagine running LoL at med-high if not full high. I didn't really look around a whole lot and I don't know what your budget is but here was the first one I found that was in stock. There might be something comparable in AMD's new R-series lineup but I haven't really looked at any of the low end stuff in that series.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0095MRLJ2/
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

returnofbeans
3 years ago#9
dont know what 7750 means and looking through pcpartpicker i wasn't sure which one you mean. i did find this one through the related search of another video card. will this one do?

http://www.amazon.com/Axle3D-GeForce-Express-Graphics-Profile/dp/B008IXLA8M/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1387674826&sr=1-1&keywords=GeForce+GT+630+low+profile

plus i have prime so it will make it cheaper.

User Info: MahoganyTooth92

MahoganyTooth92
3 years ago#10
My 6770 ran the game at high with a constant 60fps at 1080p IIRC. So you should be fine with any decently-priced card.
"I'm amazed TC is still posting. It's not your everyday run of the mill stupidity. This is advanced stupidity." -nickizgr8
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. is this video card good enough to run league of legends on high?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived