This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sudden performance issues.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Sudden performance issues.

User Info: Excaliber010

Excaliber010
3 years ago#1
Ok so recently my PC has been acting weird. Like slow weird. Suddenly I can't play videos on YouTube 100% smoothly like I could before. At first I thought it was just a bad connection so I decided to try lower quality vids instead of the 720p I always use, but it's still laggy and choppy. Even on 360p. The family PC in the living room is fine of course so I doubt its some kind of connection thing.

Also I can play any video on YouTube on my Vita and it runs it beautifully. I'm also noticing some FPS issues with games. I have always known to not have anything run in the background when playing games but sometimes I leave the Stat Tracker for my fantasy football league in the background while I play Terraria and I couldn't even enjoy it because of how laggy it was.

And Terraria NEVER does that I play that 100% smoothly all the time. Even with Stat Tracker on. Also Sonic and All Stars Racing: Transformed I've noticed some FPS dips that haven't happened before either.

Honestly it's the videos that really annoy me atm. But if there's something simple that I can do to clean up my PC I'd greatly appreciate it.
Crowley: You boys have been the chocolate in my peanut butter for a very long time now...

User Info: EternalFlame66

EternalFlame66
3 years ago#2
which browser do you use?
Such is your fate.

User Info: Excaliber010

Excaliber010
3 years ago#3
I use Google Chrome. I also use the Turn Off the LIghts extension for videos. Idk if that matters though.

Edit: Ok now I'm worried I got a virus because I just played Terraria again and it's not smooth anymore. Got quite a bit of lag. Wtf is going on...
Crowley: You boys have been the chocolate in my peanut butter for a very long time now...

User Info: EternalFlame66

EternalFlame66
3 years ago#4
disable the extension, and clear the browser cache.
Such is your fate.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Sudden performance issues.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived