This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it possible to recover your Batman Arkham City save after the GFWL shutdown?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is it possible to recover your Batman Arkham City save after the GFWL shutdown?

User Info: Lord_Vader

Lord_Vader
3 years ago#1
Apparently after they shut the service down your saves were gone as well. I haven't played in a while and just found this out today. And when I start the game up it's asking me for the serial key for some reason. Is there a way to salvage your saves? I really don't want to play the game over from the beginning again.
Live long and prosper.

User Info: El_Kaz

El_Kaz
3 years ago#2
Try this
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=188027765
Wait... what?

User Info: Lord_Vader

Lord_Vader
3 years ago#3
Hmm this is weird. So after the game asked me for my CD key when starting it up and I put it in, the game started up and I logged into my GFWL account and my saves are still there. I haven't logged into the service for months but I thought the saves were supposed to be gone and the game was transferred to Steam?
Live long and prosper.

User Info: YoungAdultLink

YoungAdultLink
3 years ago#4
You have an old install, that's why. Backup your saves, then take your AC cd key and go to Steam, punch it in for a Steamworks copy and boom, it's not longer using GFWL.
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
steamid: Rohchya
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is it possible to recover your Batman Arkham City save after the GFWL shutdown?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived