This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How much money did you spend on your first PC you built?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How much money did you spend on your first PC you built?

User Info: dedblu2005

dedblu2005
3 years ago#31
about 800 or so. used my kb mouse and monitor from my last pc (but they are what i love and if they break ill replace them with the same thing over and over)
(+.[_____]:) GT= Red sinR
So what I can't spell I don't give a damn. So screw you!!!

User Info: Acquire

Acquire
3 years ago#32
$1200 four years ago. Didn't include monitors, OS, keyboard, mouse, hard drives, and ... Actually it's easier to say it was just for the motherboard, ram, cpu, gpu and case. I reused everything else. I've never had to buy everything at once and have always had access to free copies of Windows. This was what I would consider my first build though because prior to that I had been upgrading something that was originally a prebuilt.
And if you hear as the warm night falls. The silver sound from a time so strange. Sing to me, sing to me.

User Info: ph33r1es5

ph33r1es5
3 years ago#33
About $4300 NZD for everything. (Computer, monitors and peripherals.)
W8.1 [] Corsair 540 [] i5 4670k [] H100i [] GA-Z87X-D3H [] 16GB Dominator Platinum [] Vapor X 7950 [] Samsung 840 120GB [] 2x WD Blue 1TB [] HX650 V2

User Info: do2222

do2222
3 years ago#34
How much did a Voodoo 3 cost back then?
GT:do2222

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
3 years ago#35
I.....don't recall. It was about a decade ago.

All I remember price wise was an almost $200 20" CRT monitor that I nicknamed "Desk Crusher" (it weighted like 50 pounds) and a Geforce 6800 that was $400.

Only reason I remember the price of those 2 is because they both failed eventually.
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven

User Info: Sc24life

Sc24life
3 years ago#36
About 1200. I was dumb and bought a 4870x2....now it's all about price/performance for me.
"planetside 2 would only have 30 people running around on a small map fighting."
- GunWolfAlpha

User Info: Stilghar

Stilghar
3 years ago#37
About $800, almost 3 years ago. Still using the machine, though I did replace the SSD I had as my boot/OS drive when it bricked.

AMD Phenom II Quad-core processor, 3.4GHz., 8GB ram, and a GeForce GTX 550Ti ; I'm to this day quite satisfied with the performance.

The parts were ordered a few at a time over several paydays; I'd just gotten out of massive credit card debt and had no desire to go back.
"For a man to help others with all his gifts and native strength: that is the noblest work."
--Sophocles

User Info: KOTRwhoops

KOTRwhoops
3 years ago#38
14 months ago.

1800 (so around $2400-2800)

Went a bit mental after getting a good permanent job after uni. That is everything though mouse, keyboard, headset, os, the PC itself, monitor, antivirus, sli 670s.... The lot basically.

Probably my best gaming purchase ever.
PLAYING - Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4), Bravely Default (3DS), Resident Evil 4 HD (PS3)
MOST WANTED - Lightning Returns, Watchdogs, Dark Souls 2

User Info: johnny_pay

johnny_pay
3 years ago#39
ive not stopped building it. just when i think its finished i find something new to add. as im constantly adding things, tech gets old so i need to replace it.

User Info: biohazard1775

biohazard1775
3 years ago#40
$800 in 2011
http://i.imgur.com/AuuOUVo.png
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How much money did you spend on your first PC you built?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived