This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

i think i had weird virus on my notebook

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. i think i had weird virus on my notebook

User Info: MaryJHappy

MaryJHappy
3 years ago#1
few weeks ago, while i was watching videos on youtube, my notebook went black screen. after that happened, it won't even boot to window. it showed acer logo(my laptop brand) and then showed _ (underspace bar for loading screen) and then went back to acer logo screen again. it was stuck in that loop forever. at first, i thought it was ram problem so i switched it to new memory but it didn't fix the problem. so i thought it would be hard drive. i was gonna send my hard drive for replacement since it was still in warranty period but before that, i decided to give reinstalling windows a chance. i deleted and format my ssd and clean installed windows 7 and guess what it's working fine now.

i suppose there's some sort of virus that makes you unable to load window. i think i read it somewhere that there's this virus called black death that burns hard drive and make your system completely unusable some time ago. i guess this was it?

User Info: happyscrub1

happyscrub1
3 years ago#2
Should of just restarted in safemode to figure out what you did to @#$% your laptop.
Never forget.... Building #7

User Info: MaryJHappy

MaryJHappy
3 years ago#3
unfortunately, none of f4, f5, f8 trick worked. only place i could go was acer setup screen and i had to make my optical driver to boot before ssd to reinstall. if i could enter safe mode or windows at all, i would have tried it first. :(

User Info: fatali

fatali
3 years ago#4
That is not how virus work, is most likely a corrupted system file.

If your PC can't boot anymore then the virus can't spread or steal any of your info, so it's 99.9% sure is not a virus.
Mystery is the source of all true science.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. i think i had weird virus on my notebook

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived