This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm enjoying dragon age: origins, should I also get dragon age 2.....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm enjoying dragon age: origins, should I also get dragon age 2.....

User Info: Bigj089

Bigj089
3 years ago#41
PoorCountry posted...
Just my opinion: I liked the story of Dragon Age 2 and its unconventional plot structure, and especially the twist at the end (for me, it was a number of twists, actually). The gameplay is pretty mindless, but I found the sense of control more satisfying. Repeated environments didn't bother me. The first game's environments are pretty ugly, so I think it's weird that people pretend to have standards for environment art in these games. If you just want another cliche "epic" journey, don't bother. I have a feeling the absence of that is what really bothers everyone.

EDIT: Also, don't base your decision on the consensus here. The people here are lemmings. They go into threads with the intention of giving their own input, and without a hint of embarrassment, will do little more than express the popular opinion -- and that's it.

Take Kevin_OS's post, which is a perfect example. It's completely dependent on whether it helps build a consensus; it offers nothing. It's fodder.

Being dismissive to everyone that doesn't like a product like that is what makes people use the word Biodrone. I also wouldn't call others lemmings when you're doing the exact same thing for the opposite side of a matter.
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator

User Info: PoorCountry

PoorCountry
3 years ago#42
thegreatsquare posted...
PoorCountry posted...
thegreatsquare posted...
PoorCountry posted...
HighOnPhazon posted...
Origins was good, Dragon Age 2 was abysmal.

Couldn't ask for anything better to prove my point.

Origins was more than just good. it was excellent, a near 10/10. DA2 is more a 6.57/10. The thing that saved it for me was that at least the choices mattered somewhat and the wonderful banter between those in your party was still there.

I guess you thought you knew the one thing that would convince me: saying that you liked Dragon Age Origins.

Really don't care about convincing you, your use of his quote as some sort of dismissive proof was juvenile.

I was just trying to infer that you can't judge DA2 fairly using DA:O, it isn't a fair comparison.

To the first part: that's an empty comment. To the second: you're just repeating popular opinion. Is the idea to be annoying by doing the thing I criticized? Because that actually is juvenile.

User Info: PoorCountry

PoorCountry
3 years ago#43
Bigj089 posted...
PoorCountry posted...
Just my opinion: I liked the story of Dragon Age 2 and its unconventional plot structure, and especially the twist at the end (for me, it was a number of twists, actually). The gameplay is pretty mindless, but I found the sense of control more satisfying. Repeated environments didn't bother me. The first game's environments are pretty ugly, so I think it's weird that people pretend to have standards for environment art in these games. If you just want another cliche "epic" journey, don't bother. I have a feeling the absence of that is what really bothers everyone.

EDIT: Also, don't base your decision on the consensus here. The people here are lemmings. They go into threads with the intention of giving their own input, and without a hint of embarrassment, will do little more than express the popular opinion -- and that's it.

Take Kevin_OS's post, which is a perfect example. It's completely dependent on whether it helps build a consensus; it offers nothing. It's fodder.

Being dismissive to everyone that doesn't like a product like that is what makes people use the word Biodrone. I also wouldn't call others lemmings when you're doing the exact same thing for the opposite side of a matter.

I have to say, your reading comprehension must be as good as that of a pair of uneducated breasts, because you didn't understand a thing I wrote.

User Info: Gmoney-

Gmoney-
3 years ago#44
Worth it for the story pretty much and combat is fast and fun but Origins is so much more.

I didn't mind the reusing areas thing like most people since they conveyed friendships over years and what not and I like that kind if stuff.
"Nothing is true.Everything is permitted."
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm enjoying dragon age: origins, should I also get dragon age 2.....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived