This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Call of Juarez Gunslinger as good as the reviews say?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is Call of Juarez Gunslinger as good as the reviews say?

User Info: SkilzMC

SkilzMC
3 years ago#1
Or did everybody just expect something awful from a Call of Juarez title and that expectations skewed the reviews?

If it really IS good I may pick it up off the Steam sale.
"I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn't have one, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
3 years ago#2
Its one of the more unique singleplayer experiences in some time. I loved what little I played of it and I know Cody enjoyed it a fair bit. Get it.
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1

User Info: Cesare_Borgia

Cesare_Borgia
3 years ago#3
It's good. Nothing absolutely mind-blowing, but a quality shooter in a Western setting

User Info: Forever Shadowed

Forever Shadowed
3 years ago#4
Its that good. Buy it.
If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

User Info: g7g7g7g7

g7g7g7g7
3 years ago#5
Its fun, probably worth the £20 it was released at and definitely worth less than £10.
You never see people quoting each other in sigs anymore. - Adam Laz

User Info: pitt12177

pitt12177
3 years ago#6
I had a raging boner the entire time.
(message deleted)

User Info: Treason686

Treason686
3 years ago#8
Hadn't heard of it. Is it like the original? I really enjoyed that game, which is rare for me since I'm so burnt out on shooters.

I know there was that modern-day Call of Juarez, which was incredibly stupid since the whole appeal is the classic western setting.
PC: Core i7 920 || 6GB DDR3 || GTX 660 Ti || HP w2408h

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
3 years ago#9
This one is more comic book inspired and bases itself around a man telling a story. Sometimes the people being told the story hear the wrong things and/or the teller makes a mistake while telling it and the gameplay reflects that. For instance in the first level, you go through the stage and perform a duel due to the listeners chiming in about rumors of that duel. Storyteller then corrects after the duel saying there was none and the game rewinds a bit and lets you replay to show what really happens. Its a really neat concept imo.

With all the changing and such, it doesn't really feel like the older games but its still a western shooter with a lot of story.
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1

User Info: PSI_ThroatPunch

PSI_ThroatPunch
3 years ago#10
It's f***ing fantastic.
Currently playing: Earthbound (SNES), Secret of Mana (SNES) Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS) Shadowrun Returns (PC) Guild Wars 2 (PC)
PSN: AtmaNex
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is Call of Juarez Gunslinger as good as the reviews say?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived