This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games you know are objectively bad, but you love anyway?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Games you know are objectively bad, but you love anyway?

User Info: meteor9898

meteor9898
3 years ago#1
The Last Remnant is that for me. Its a complete mess. The story and characters are moronic, the gameplay is broken, and loot collecting, which takes up a chunk of the gameplay, is an impossible ordeal to complete, and yet...I replay it at least once a year. It just has a certain charm for me. I love collecting party members and building the best units possible. Its a shame there will never be a sequel that will fix this extremely flawed gem.

User Info: steveboblarry

steveboblarry
3 years ago#2
Alpha Protocol
"Why let the modding community do it, when we can sell it to you?"
yours truly, EA.

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
3 years ago#3
I can agree with last remant... Didn't love it but I did enjoy it enough to beat it and contemplate a second run.

Aliens Colonial Marines was also much better than I expected with friends. Again no love but still liked it.

Binary Domain had some issues but that I did love for the most part. Really had me immersed for a few days.

I'm sure I could come up with a bunch more but those come to mind right away.
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1

User Info: xanthan1

xanthan1
3 years ago#4
steveboblarry posted...
Alpha Protocol

So you have no idea what bad means?

meteor9898
3 years ago#5
steveboblarry posted...
Alpha Protocol

That too! It was barely half a game...and yet I enjoyed it even more than Deus Ex. 0_o

Need to replay it once of these days.

User Info: steveboblarry

steveboblarry
3 years ago#6
xanthan1 posted...
steveboblarry posted...
Alpha Protocol

So you have no idea what bad means?

Animations are really bad. I had to do some ini tweaks so it looked like semi normal. the reticule for shooting is a pain in the mother f******* ass. However I still really enjoyed the game because of the story.
"Why let the modding community do it, when we can sell it to you?"
yours truly, EA.

User Info: TheWayOfTheGun

TheWayOfTheGun
3 years ago#7
Resident Evil 5. I downloaded and burned the early 360 demo online and was instantly hooked. It must have been the satisfaction of RE4 that carries me over but playing the co-op on veteran or professional was just epic.
Glorious God Gamers > PC Master Race > Console Peasants ---> http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/508/644/9eb.jpg

meteor9898
3 years ago#8
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
Resident Evil 5. I downloaded and burned the early 360 demo online and was instantly hooked. It must have been the satisfaction of RE4 that carries me over but playing the co-op on veteran or professional was just epic.

So, what is objectively bad about it? Stopped playing RE after 2 so I have no clue.

User Info: someguyshand

someguyshand
3 years ago#9
DV8ingSources posted...
Aliens Colonial Marines was also much better than I expected with friends. Again no love but still liked it. .

Anything is better with friends, so that doesn't really count.
(Insert Name) killed Some Guy
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55859/122kyz9.gif

User Info: Arsene-Lupin

Arsene-Lupin
3 years ago#10
Anything Bethesda makes.
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Games you know are objectively bad, but you love anyway?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived