This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do I need a dedicated sound card?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do I need a dedicated sound card?

User Info: ThePCElitist

ThePCElitist
3 years ago#1
I got some Astro a40's + mixamp as a late Christmas gift yesterday and I was wondering if using a dedicated sound card will improve the audio quality at all? I have the mixamp connected to my PC using the optical cord it came with which is directly connected to my motherboard. How much of a difference would I notice by buying something dedicated?

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#2
The Mixamp is already a DAC, you don't need a sound card.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: ThePCElitist

ThePCElitist
3 years ago#3
Shub posted...
The Mixamp is already a DAC, you don't need a sound card.

Ah okay well thanks for the quick reply. This is the first time I've used a headset that used a mixamp so I wasn't sure.

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#4
In fact even if your computer didn't have any kind of pre-existing sound solution, the Mixamp is a sound "card" and would provide sound where you previously did not have any.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do I need a dedicated sound card?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived