This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which Microsoft Office UI do you prefer?

  • Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Which Microsoft Office UI do you prefer?

User Info: KamenRiderBlade

3 years ago#11
I'm surprised at how many Ribbon preferring users there are
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'

User Info: Enigma149

3 years ago#12
I used to hate the ribbon, but it's grown on me. The old drop down menus really, really sucked now that I think about it.

Only thing I don't like is that it's a bit of a pain to find where I set custom tabs in Word, though since 80% of everything I do uses Excel and the other 20% is mostly Outlook and Power Point, it doesn't really matter.
"Enigma, you imagine a bleak future that nobody should suffer through." -P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID, Steam: CrimsonEnigma

User Info: ihumpmypillow89

3 years ago#13
Dropdown menu, it's easier to find things that you are looking for. Granted 90% of the stuff I do in office will be done with keyboard shortcuts but there's that 10% that doesn't have one and they are typically harder to find with the ribbon than the dropdown. |
This is what happens when a 5 year old writes a comic -

User Info: Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon
3 years ago#14
FL81 posted...
Drop Down > Ribbon, for pretty much everything ever

Totally agree.
I'm a PC and console gamer - I love good games, regardless of their host system.
For all things N64:

User Info: cynicwithin2000

3 years ago#15
I can use either, but highly prefer ribbon. It's gets pretty damn annoying having to search through 10 drop down menus to find what you are looking for.
i7-4770k @4.4Ghz | AsRock z87 OC Formula | Corsair 16GB@1600 | H100i | AX1200i | 500GB 840evo ssd | 5TB 7200rpm | EVGA GTX 780 Classified SLI | ASUS 2560x1440 |

User Info: Goldninja

3 years ago#16
Ribbon annoyed me at first but I've gotten used to it. I prefer it now.
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus

User Info: betatech

3 years ago#17
I prefer the menu, but mainly because I know where most of what I want to do is and it doesn't use up as much screen space (more useful on smaller resolutions).

That said one time I took a test which involved Ribbon for Word and Excel despite only minimal usage and still managed to get IIRC 13/15 for both (although the test is partially to blame e.g. it wouldn't accept ctrl+c).
Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Intel i7 3770K 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, Ati Radeon 5770 1GB, CM 690 II. Win7 x64.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Which Microsoft Office UI do you prefer?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

  • Topic Archived