This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think this guy has the most hours on Starbound than anyone else on Steam?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you think this guy has the most hours on Starbound than anyone else on Steam?

User Info: HighOnPhazon

HighOnPhazon
3 years ago#1
80/80

A Steam friend of mine has 630 hours logged in Starbound.

Let me put that into perspective for you.

On an average month, there is 720 hours.

Sick, right?

Sick.
PC / WII U / 3DS
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
3 years ago#2
I idle without closing the game sometimes too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u155ncSlkCk

User Info: fire2box

fire2box
3 years ago#3
just because you have many hours logged onto a game on steam doesn't mean you were playing it. You can alt tab out of a game and the playtime clock will still be running.
Ivy bridge i5 3570k @3.40GHz | 8 GB DDR3 | single XFX 7870| OCZ 600W Modular. Nvidia, AMD, Intel for life!!
3DS FC: 2208-5221-4039

User Info: Tiberius1151

Tiberius1151
3 years ago#4
^ Alt tab or maybe they walked away to do other things with it still up.

User Info: Nakkaru

Nakkaru
3 years ago#5
Starbound has a penchant to not actually close out the process even when I shut down the game, so Steam still thought I was playing. I'm guessing that's playing a factor here, and said friend might not have noticed. Though, maybe with -that- many hours, anything is possible.
Pokemon X ~ 3668-7694-5178 ~ Braixen, Slugma [Safari]
PM me anytime! Looking for active, friendly players on 3DS and Steam [Nakkaru]

User Info: Stabs2503

Stabs2503
3 years ago#6
This game needs to go on sale already so I can get a 4 pack lol
Sent from iPhone PowerFAQs.

User Info: fire2box

fire2box
3 years ago#7
Nakkaru posted...
Starbound has a penchant to not actually close out the process even when I shut down the game, so Steam still thought I was playing. I'm guessing that's playing a factor here, and said friend might not have noticed. Though, maybe with -that- many hours, anything is possible.

yeah. when you play it it launchs a launcher. When you exit starbound that launcher is still up which counts as playtime.
Ivy bridge i5 3570k @3.40GHz | 8 GB DDR3 | single XFX 7870| OCZ 600W Modular. Nvidia, AMD, Intel for life!!
3DS FC: 2208-5221-4039

User Info: zerodefect

zerodefect
3 years ago#8
He could also be hosting a server which was launched from Steam. I'm sure that would still count too.
i5 3570k@4.7GHz, Antec Kulher H2O 920, SLI EVGA GTX670's, GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H, 2x4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis, XFX Pro750W Core PSU

User Info: TheSchref

TheSchref
3 years ago#9
My friend had 44 hours logged into Starbound 47 hours after it came out. He actually played the game for 3 hours. He just didn't close it out.

User Info: Nakkaru

Nakkaru
3 years ago#10
fire2box posted...
Nakkaru posted...

yeah. when you play it it launchs a launcher. When you exit starbound that launcher is still up which counts as playtime.

There's that, but I mean the actual process is still active in Task Manager. I've had to go close it out from there before.
Pokemon X ~ 3668-7694-5178 ~ Braixen, Slugma [Safari]
PM me anytime! Looking for active, friendly players on 3DS and Steam [Nakkaru]
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you think this guy has the most hours on Starbound than anyone else on Steam?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived