This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about newegg.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Question about newegg.

User Info: warmachine568

warmachine568
3 years ago#1
Im in my cart with what i want to purchase tells me price plus the shipping thing i chose.

But it doesnt tell me how much taxes its gonna be at what phase of checkout does it tell me?

User Info: tiger8191

tiger8191
3 years ago#2
Before you pay if you live in a state that requires taxes on online purchases.
www.youtube.com/user/FearsomeBeaver
www.twitch.tv/fearsomebeaver

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
3 years ago#3
Dunno.

They never taxed me.

At any rate, you'll have the option to confirm the purchase after the final price is calculated.
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#4
They won't charge you tax unless you live in a state where they have a warehouse. They definitely have a warehouse in CA and in NJ, and perhaps in TN if I recall correctly.
If they don't charge you that tax, though, you're still supposed to pay it to the state you live in (unless you're in a state like Delaware that assesses no state tax).
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: warmachine568

warmachine568
3 years ago#5
so after i put in credit info there still one step to cancel if its to much right?

and by to much i mean more then i have in my debit card.

User Info: MasterDonGero

MasterDonGero
3 years ago#6
warmachine568 posted...
so after i put in credit info there still one step to cancel if its to much right?

Buying online with a debit card is silly.
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom

User Info: Altmadragon

Altmadragon
3 years ago#7
MasterDonGero posted...
warmachine568 posted...

Buying online with a debit card is silly.

How do you think most teenagers buy things online?
Ha! Made you read |TJ07| i5-3570k| Asus p8z77-v| GB GTX 770 4gb sli|16gb Corsair veng| 1TB WD HDx2| 128gb Samsung ssd| XSPC Raystorm RS360 kit|

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
3 years ago#8
If you don't know how much tax is in your area or how to do basic calculations, and you're that close that a couple dollars is going to literally bankrupt you, I think you have more important things you should be doing than buying things on the internet.
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
GestapoFAQs http://i.imgur.com/prqCDHz.png http://i.imgur.com/ooNGE4u.png

User Info: Kroosaydur

Kroosaydur
3 years ago#9
I buy stuff on newegg all the time and i have never had to pay tax. I suppose it depends on were you live though.

User Info: Th1rte3n

Th1rte3n
3 years ago#10
I live in NJ, soooo unlucky. Although I live very close to their center, so I can just order and pick up the same day. WooT
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Question about newegg.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived