This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

at what price range does monitors start getting good?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. at what price range does monitors start getting good?

User Info: thatauthor

thatauthor
3 years ago#11
thank you author, is this monitor decent? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00413PHDM/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2KVW2EE1CW44D&coliid=I11T5ORO2EMOKA

no problem. I don't know much about monitors though. sorry =/ I've just been around PCH long enough to know about TP.
I have to browse like a peasant ~ pizzaman95

User Info: Cllerj

Cllerj
3 years ago#12
I fail to see how TP was being a jerk. TC asked a question TP answered. What's the problem?
PSN-cllerj
Official Midroller of the Dark Souls boards

User Info: Blobs_

Blobs_
3 years ago#13
Cllerj posted...
I fail to see how TP was being a jerk. TC asked a question TP answered. What's the problem?

TP didn't do TC's laundry
is haha

User Info: Cllerj

Cllerj
3 years ago#14
Blobs_ posted...
Cllerj posted...

TP didn't do TC's laundry

The fiend!
PSN-cllerj
Official Midroller of the Dark Souls boards

User Info: Acquire

Acquire
3 years ago#15
returnofbeans posted...
thank you author, is this monitor decent? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00413PHDM/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2KVW2EE1CW44D&coliid=I11T5ORO2EMOKA

if not, any recommendations on a monitor around that price range with at the least a webcam. integrated speakers aren't needed since i play with a headset, thanks.

That's a perfectly fine monitor for your needs. Asus makes good monitors. If you want better picture quality look for an IPS/PLS panel.
And if you hear as the warm night falls. The silver sound from a time so strange. Sing to me, sing to me.

User Info: blax34dm

blax34dm
3 years ago#16
For a good 27 they start at 200

24ish starts at about 150

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
3 years ago#17
I paid $160-ish for my 24" IPS monitor (MSRP $190-ish) and I've been really happy with it. Looks good, no noticeable input lag, never seen any ghosting. I don't remember the model, but it's an Asus.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 years ago#18
thatauthor posted...
TP can be an ass, TC.

Heh, somehow I knew it was TP from TC's responses. I would just block him TC, I've never seen TP contribute anything constructive and/or civil to a topic.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: TiamatKiller

TiamatKiller
3 years ago#19
I saw the first 5 posts and thought you were going insane TC lol.

Then I scrolled down and saw I was ignoring 3 messages.

Anyway there are good 150-200 dollar monitors out there. I know that Asus is recommended a decent bit, though I also hear that their anti-reflective coating is quite heavy.
i5-3570k @3.4GHZ | GTX 560Ti (2GB) @900MHz | Asus P8Z77-V Pro | Samsung 840 (250GB) | 1TB Seagate 7200rpm | 8GB RAM | Zalman 9900 MAX | CoolerMaster HAF 912

User Info: Knighted Dragon

Knighted Dragon
3 years ago#20
Heh, somehow I knew it was TP from TC's responses. I would just block him TC, I've never seen TP contribute anything constructive and/or civil to a topic.

This. And monitors usually start getting good around $150 and up depending on sales and such. You can't go wrong with Asus and that one you linked would probably be decent, especially since your GPU is only a 630
Matthew 7:21
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2492/gyenyame.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. at what price range does monitors start getting good?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived