This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which Cooling Solution do you prefer?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Which Cooling Solution do you prefer?

User Info: MC RaZaR

MC RaZaR
3 years ago#21
Heatsink for me. Haven't tried water cooling yet.
Oh, I don't want to walk that far. Anything that takes more than 12 steps isn't worth doing! Eh? 12? Get it? Steps! Hehehe.- Homer J. Simpson

User Info: Psythik

Psythik
3 years ago#22
KamenRiderBlade posted...
Psythik posted...
KamenRiderBlade posted...
GTRagnarok posted...
I had a full loop for a month, and it was amazing. If I were to build a PC again, that's definitely what I'd go with.

For a month?

What happened to it?
I think you can guess what happened to it. That's the reason why I avoid liquid cooling.

You have my condolences, hopefully you didn't lose any parts?
I'm not the same guy. I was just saying.
4670k OC | 2GB GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Win8.1 Pro
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt56/S26DG44B/PsythikViolet_Blooded.jpg

User Info: exclusiveburner

exclusiveburner
3 years ago#23
The cheap option(the stuff it comes with). If you're not seriously overclocking, it's pointless.

User Info: aak57

aak57
3 years ago#24
Honestly, I consider AIO coolers to be more similar to the air-based heatsinks. They're both easy to set up and offer generally similar performance. They're for people who want better performance than stock but don't have the money/interest to plan out and set up an entire closed loop system. And you don't even need to maintain AIOs.
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.

User Info: KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade
3 years ago#25
exclusiveburner posted...
The cheap option(the stuff it comes with). If you're not seriously overclocking, it's pointless.

Even a low end HSF would be better than any stock cooler.

Keeping your electronics cool is good for the longevity / reliability of your CPU / GPU.

Even without OCing, there is still value in getting a decent or even bare minimum HSF.
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'

User Info: Pokenub

Pokenub
3 years ago#26
Well, I generally like a water based solution, especially in summer. Something like a nice glass of ice cool water.. OH.. You meant for my computer..

Fans all the way. I don't bother OCing, so the heat generation isn't that big of a deal to me and the fan I have is quiet enough for my fridge to be louder (and alot more annoying) than my computer would ever be.
Damn it.. I swear I had something for this..

User Info: PraetorXyn

PraetorXyn
3 years ago#27
Pokenub posted...
Well, I generally like a water based solution, especially in summer. Something like a nice glass of ice cool water.. OH.. You meant for my computer..

Fans all the way. I don't bother OCing, so the heat generation isn't that big of a deal to me and the fan I have is quiet enough for my fridge to be louder (and alot more annoying) than my computer would ever be.

That doesn't mean your fan is quiet. I used to have a mini fridge in my room, those things are just noisy as hell, and you've become used to it. I couldn't keep mine in there long without moving it to another room.
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png

User Info: blacklable1617

blacklable1617
3 years ago#28
I use an H80i and I love the way it looks in my case but other than that it really doesn't have anything over some of the higher end air cooling solutions. Honestly the next computer I build if the H80i will fit I'll use it again but if I am forced to buy a new cooler it will be some sort of air cooling solution. I could have saved about $35 and gotten the same results with something else.
i5 3570K | Asrock z77 extreme4 | GTX 670 FTW | 8GB Ripjaws | Barracuda 1TB | HIVE 650W | H80i | X4+Naga | Raidmax Augusta |

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 years ago#29
I put my computer outside, that keeps it cool.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Which Cooling Solution do you prefer?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived