This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will SLI & crossfire get better in the near future?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Will SLI & crossfire get better in the near future?

User Info: Dirk85UK

Dirk85UK
3 years ago#1
I mean "get better" by eliminating micro stutter and other disadvantages of having a multi-gpu set up?
GTX 780ti SC / i7 4770k / 16gb RAM / Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H / 840 Pro Basic / Seasonic X-850 / Dell U2711

User Info: BIGGESTPS3FAN

BIGGESTPS3FAN
3 years ago#2
I have owned 7970 GHz editions in crossfire and currently have 2x 780Tis in SLI... I honestly notice no difference between them and single GPU configurations. I got my first 7970 December of 2012, then my second in December 2013. When I first had a crossfire setup, there was a couple games that stuttered, but AMD released the patch for them and I haven't noticed it since.
Intel i7 4930k | EVGA 780Ti SC x2 | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860i | 1TB Seagate HDD x2 | 120 GB Intel 520 SSD

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#3
Reduced to a minimum, sure. Eliminated, probably not.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: ThePCElitist

ThePCElitist
3 years ago#4
It will never be eliminated but for the most part SLI/Crossfire now works with most every game released with minimal issues.

User Info: popping4it

popping4it
3 years ago#5
lol no.
whens mahvel?

User Info: burn420247

burn420247
3 years ago#6
ive had 2 SLI set ups in the past (260's and 570's) and have never once experienced microstutter.
Boxer Santaros: I'm a pimp. And pimps don't commit suicide.

User Info: Slayn

Slayn
3 years ago#7
I have a GTX660 SLI setup and no microstutter. Also all the benchmarks I have seen generally have almost 100% efficiency, as in one card gives you 40 fps, a second card will be very near 80.
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 years ago#8
I thought the stuttering was related to the pci-e speeds being different. If you have two 16 slots then there should be no stutter.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: Combo Master

Combo Master
3 years ago#9
I hope it can be completely eliminated or what is the big deal about g sync monitors?? Just because people say they don't see micro stutter doesn't mean it isn't there. I wasn't able to see input lag on hdtv's for the longest time either until you know it's there and how to look for it u may not notice it.
Combo Master

User Info: Knifegash

Knifegash
3 years ago#10
Hmm, I'm using a motherboard that can't utilize PCI-Ex 3 if I'm using a CPU that isn't Ivy Bridge, so the slot defaults to 2, would that mean getting another 780 into the other slot I'd get near 1:1 efficiency, due to the same speeds?
Isn't that right, Zach?
http://tinyurl.com/5vsjbj6
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Will SLI & crossfire get better in the near future?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived