This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are my CPU fans running at 2300 RPM 24/7?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why are my CPU fans running at 2300 RPM 24/7?

User Info: BIGGESTPS3FAN

BIGGESTPS3FAN
3 years ago#1
I always thought my PC was a bit loud, but figured it was because I got the Corsair High Performance fans over the quiet fans. However, I downloaded SpeedFan which is reporting that my fans are running at 2,300 RPM. That seems a bit high to me, since I am just browsing the internet. Any clue why this is?
Intel i7 4930k | EVGA 780Ti SC x2 | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860i | 1TB Seagate HDD x2 | 120 GB Intel 520 SSD

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
3 years ago#2
Check your BIOS and see if they are set to always run at full capacity.
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven

User Info: fatali

fatali
3 years ago#3
How did you setup the fans? are they all plug in the same header with a splitter? Did you set a curve for the fan speed?
Mystery is the source of all true science.

BIGGESTPS3FAN
3 years ago#4
Well, my H100i has two fans attached to a header with a splitter (That was included with the H100i). I did not set a curve. I tried looking for a way in the Corsair Link software, but didn't find anything for it.
Intel i7 4930k | EVGA 780Ti SC x2 | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860i | 1TB Seagate HDD x2 | 120 GB Intel 520 SSD

User Info: DerPancake

DerPancake
3 years ago#5
Download ASUS AIsuite II

and configure your fans to you liking.
http://i.imgur.com/mng6Lqf.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/mxvh3ut - Taylor Swift: Queen of Pop.

User Info: Flaktrooper123

Flaktrooper123
3 years ago#6
Check your BIOS first, the default often set the fans at maximum speed. Also, are they PWM fans? Not all motherboards can control non-PWM fans.

BIGGESTPS3FAN
3 years ago#7
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181027

These are my fans. They say high performance at 2350 RPM.

I will check BIOS though. I ran an AISuite test where it starts at 0% and makes it's way up to 100%, but noticed no difference in noise or temps.

BIGGESTPS3FAN
3 years ago#8
Just checked my BIOS. Fan speed was on silent mode. lol

User Info: Altmadragon

Altmadragon
3 years ago#9
DerPancake posted...
Download ASUS AIsuite II

and configure your fans to you liking.

this
edit: either
A: you got a fan controller installed that you dont know about.
B: your fans are plugged into a fan controller separate from MB
Merlin SM8| i7-4770k| Asus MaximusViFormula| AsusDC2 780 SLI| 32GB Kingston HyperX Beast| Seagate 3TB HDD| 250GB Samsung Evo| Swiftech 480x2 rads, Acrylic Loop|

User Info: ajxh

ajxh
3 years ago#10
Flaktrooper123 posted...
Check your BIOS first, the default often set the fans at maximum speed. Also, are they PWM fans? Not all motherboards can control non-PWM fans.

Potentially this. Although you have a pretty new motherboard.

I had this issue. I eventually just bought a fan controller.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why are my CPU fans running at 2300 RPM 24/7?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived