This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Steam...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Steam...

User Info: _Zero1_

_Zero1_
3 years ago#1
I know this is supposed to be a PCH board or whatnot,. but it is by far the most active and I feel better asking for opinions here.

I have $60 to spend on a new game. I got DayZ a few weeks ago and enjoy it thoroughly. Now, I was watching videos for ARMA 3 because I know that DayZ started as a mod for ARMA 2. I have never played an ARMA game, but I think I would like to try it, but I do not have any friends that play it. So, should I go ahead with ARMA 3 or do you guys have other suggestions for $60?
i5 3570k| Radeon HD 7950| 16GB 1600mhz DDR3| Asrock Z77 Pro4| Coolmaster V8 CPU Cooler| W7| 1.7TB HDD/256GB SSD

User Info: somebody336

somebody336
3 years ago#2
You missed the Arma bundle by a day lol
TBWNN's grumpy old man >:/

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
3 years ago#3
^ARMA 3 wasn't in it tho. Just 1, 2, and Arrowhead.

As for 3, I honestly don't know - haven't tried it.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: pwnater777

pwnater777
3 years ago#4
Wasteland 2 looks beautiful.*

*If you're a massive Vault Dweller fanboy like myself.
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe

User Info: Psythik

Psythik
3 years ago#5
Considering that you've never played an ArmA game before, I highly suggest you give the free version of ArmA II a try first. Remember that ArmA is a military sim; not everybody finds ultra-realistic gameplay to be fun.
4670k | 2GB GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Win8.1 Pro
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt56/S26DG44B/PsythikViolet_Blooded.jpg

User Info: CELTEKK

CELTEKK
3 years ago#6
There are so many games on Steam, it depends on what kind of genre you are really interested in. You could possibly get 2-4 really great games for $60 on Steam, depending on what you like.
3770k @ 4.8ghz
psn:celtekk|steam:celtekk

User Info: Lord_Vader

Lord_Vader
3 years ago#7
If you are looking for a fast-paced military shooter, I would go with BF4 or CoD.

I don't think you'll like ARMA unless you like slow-paced, realistic FPSes where you have to calculate and think out your every move.
Live long and prosper.

User Info: _Zero1_

_Zero1_
3 years ago#8
Does it play similar to DayZ? As far as controls and interaction? AQnd I would love a though-out shooter/sim, BF4 is kinda on my nerves right now, and I despise CoD (yeah im a fanboy if you want to call me that)

Is wasteland 2 out yet? Or in alpha or something?
i5 3570k| Radeon HD 7950| 16GB 1600mhz DDR3| Asrock Z77 Pro4| Coolmaster V8 CPU Cooler| W7| 1.7TB HDD/256GB SSD

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
3 years ago#9
I haven't played Day Z yet, but considering Day Z was originally built as a mod for ARMA II, I'd say you can expect controls and interaction to be very similar.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: Majoras_pants

Majoras_pants
3 years ago#10
Arma is fun but not for everyone. Try Arma 2 first.
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Steam...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived