The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Grid 2 $7.50 @ gamersgate

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Grid 2 $7.50 @ gamersgate

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
3 years ago#11
After seeing Project Cars ... I am still just waiting on that game. (Drools)
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

User Info: cody4783

cody4783
3 years ago#12
ArkonBlade posted...
After seeing Project Cars ... I am still just waiting on that game. (Drools)

That's just in an entirely different sector of the genre though...

That'd be like me saying I don't want to play GRID because NextCarGame is in development.
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg

User Info: AnatomyHorror

AnatomyHorror
3 years ago#13
So yeah GRID 2 is pretty sick. Definitely recommend it. I love the way cars handle in the GRID series.

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
3 years ago#14
^indeed

Just because you prefer a sim, doesn't mean you can't also enjoy a great arcade game. GRID 2 fits somewhere in the middle with a bias towards arcade imo. Haven't played as much as Cody but from what I have played, I'd recommend it for that price.
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1

User Info: KaiRyusaki

KaiRyusaki
3 years ago#15
Totally worth the price of $0.00 that it costs me to get from facebook

I'm mostly just bragging I got it for free with little effort.

User Info: LOLIAmAnAlt

LOLIAmAnAlt
3 years ago#16
Get it.
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

User Info: Psythik

Psythik
3 years ago#17
Spidey555 posted...
Dirt 3 was awful, Dirt 2 was the best

I might be confusing my DiRTs. Was 3 the one with terrible physics or was that Showdown?
4670k | 2GB GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Win8.1 Pro
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt56/S26DG44B/PsythikViolet_Blooded.jpg

User Info: Spidey555

Spidey555
3 years ago#18
Psythik posted...
Spidey555 posted...

I might be confusing my DiRTs. Was 3 the one with terrible physics or was that Showdown?

Showdown was more destruction derby and Dirt 3 was less rally and more gymkhana which was an awful move for a Dirt game imo
360 GT: FiendishFiend
Steam: Spidey555

User Info: Ch3wy

Ch3wy
3 years ago#19
I hated the gymkhana parts, but they were a pretty small fraction of it.
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.

User Info: cody4783

cody4783
3 years ago#20
Spidey555 posted...
Psythik posted...
Spidey555 posted...

Showdown was more destruction derby and Dirt 3 was less rally and more gymkhana which was an awful move for a Dirt game imo

The irony is that DiRT 3 had more rally than the other Rally Cross, Trailblazer, stadium truck and similar non-"Rally" events... Sure they threw more Gymkhana stuff in, but they were still only a small portion of the game and definitely not the main focus.

They're both great games, and each one excels in a slightly different way. Personally I prefer DiRT 3 overall for the vehicle and track selection---Largely because of the weather and different road surfaces that threw a lot more dynamics into the races.

Showdown on the other hand was just a failed attempt trying to cash in on a genre that is sadly all but dead. Hoping NextCarGame mends that. I would pay good money for a current generation sequel/remake of Test Drive: Eve of Destruction.
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Grid 2 $7.50 @ gamersgate

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived