This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

which OS is best for gaming? any other good programs to install as well?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. which OS is best for gaming? any other good programs to install as well?

User Info: ThePCElitist

ThePCElitist
3 years ago#11
daveyman23 posted...
ChA0TiCoNe posted...
Most gamers prefer Windows 7 64 bit for gaming. Windows 8 is widely hated by the gaming community.

It is? I seem to recall a large amount of gamers pleased with the improved performance in their games with windows 8

There's a reason why MS is trying to fix Windows 8

User Info: Rheygar

Rheygar
3 years ago#12
Haven't had too many issues with 8.1, only one I can think of actually is the problems Corsair H100 had with it. Every game I have has played, and some classic games worked with a little bit of effort.

User Info: darkstar4221

darkstar4221
3 years ago#13
Given that 98.9% of pc games will only work with windows out of the box , windows is obviously the best for os for gaming. For modern gaming windows 7 or windows 8 will be fine. As for a virus scanner just use Comodo and make sure you uncheck and uninstall the optional software.

User Info: Ningishzida

Ningishzida
3 years ago#14
king_madden posted...
getting a brand new PC, and trying to decide which OS would be best for it. also which antivirus or other protection program should I get as well?

Windows 8.1

The only problem I've found with it is that it doesn't support 16 bit color depth on desktop, but there are non-OS workarounds for that, and only retro enthusiast gamers would miss it.

MalwareBytes

User Info: electroflame

electroflame
3 years ago#15
Microsoft security essentials works fine. Its the best free antivirus you'll get.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lntyx34xxx1qf9kud.gif
Could be worse, they could have been American givers and you would have been smothered in small pox. -fakenamefignuts on Indian-Giving.
Steam ID: electroflame
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. which OS is best for gaming? any other good programs to install as well?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived