This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommend me a game...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Recommend me a game...

User Info: dekou

dekou
3 years ago#11
Even though you said no Wizardry, I'd recommend Wizardry 8. Never played M&M 1-4, but it's much closer to M&M 6 than to Grimrock. I've also read it's very similar to Wizards and Warriors.

User Info: pozertron

pozertron
3 years ago#12
dekou posted...
Even though you said no Wizardry, I'd recommend Wizardry 8. Never played M&M 1-4, but it's much closer to M&M 6 than to Grimrock. I've also read it's very similar to Wizards and Warriors.

I don't particulary hate Wizardry. It's just that moving in 4 diretions feels very enclosed and not too comforting. Not to mention that in 4 directional movement games everything looks the same and it's hard to distinguish where you are.....which just takes away half of the enjoyment.

EDIT: Actually now that i looked at W8, it meets every trait! I will definitely try that. It's just that i only played that one Wizardry game that we have on PSN and that has 4dir movement. I assumed that every Wizardry game is the same.
Any game with a time limit must burn in hell...with the exception of Fallout 1, Mana Khemia and Mana Khemia 2 since those were actually good.

User Info: dekou

dekou
3 years ago#13
Yes, Wizardry 8 came out nine years after 7, so it's quite different mechanically.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Recommend me a game...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived