This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What was your first MMO?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What was your first MMO?

User Info: desertman

desertman
3 years ago#71
Runescape
about:robots
about:mozilla

User Info: Dawnshadow

Dawnshadow
3 years ago#72
Technically Everquest, but it wasn't really a proper introduction. In college I had four friends who were sharing a townhouse; at the time they all played EQ. One of them had to leave for work right after he died, and they really needed to get him re-leveled, so they handed me a random EQ character and had me sit there spamming one spell for an hour as they got him back up.

And then they wondered why I didn't want to get into it, or vanilla WoW later on. (I did eventually start WoW just before Wrath-- it was the first MMO I actually had an account for.)
Pokemon X - 2664-2616-4997 - Munna, Sigilyph, Duosion - PM me!

User Info: helldew

helldew
3 years ago#73
technically if neopets counted that. Aside from that though there was Maple stories which i kinda played a bit for a small period of time then said screw it. eventually i tried a couple random MMOs felt way to grindy and never got into the genre. fast foward more recently i tried out Tera and got into it a fair bit and played it for a good amount of time.
Opening up a Youtube/Facebook channel check me out at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hell-dew/385088068261207

User Info: Gynthaeres

Gynthaeres
3 years ago#74
Asheron's Call. Followed swiftly by the more-graphically-impressive (and more interesting overall, IMO) Everquest, with the Kunark expansion. Didn't get super far in either of them though. Alt-itis is a terrible thing in a slow-leveling MMO.
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
3 years ago#75
x852 posted...
Tibia

That reminds me, I actually played a lesser known game called Mystic Realms of Alhanzar back around 2000.

That would have been my first MMO style game.
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven

User Info: ATARIJAWA

ATARIJAWA
3 years ago#76
SWG on release. Fell in love with openworld sandbox mmo's and it's been all themepark ever since.
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 112

User Info: Evil_Gogeta

Evil_Gogeta
3 years ago#77
FFXI!\, I remember never playing any MMO`S and then playing this and being like "WOW!! I can play alongside other people!?!?!"
Biggest JoJo`s Bizarre Adventure Fan.
My JoJo/JPN Game based channel: http://bit.ly/15HUBPr

User Info: xBrokenxHalox

xBrokenxHalox
3 years ago#78
Runescape in 2002 I believe.

Switched to WoW when it came out.
Error. Human is dead, mismatch.

User Info: Xeeh_Bitz

Xeeh_Bitz
3 years ago#79
UberLurker posted...
No MUDs eh? Then I assume BBS door games like Trade Wars won't count.\

I remember playing that game. Great game
Steam: Xeeh Bitz | PSN: Xeeh Bitz | XBL: Xeeh You

User Info: Interfusor

Interfusor
3 years ago#80
Meridian 59, but the first one I played fervently was WoW.
I am not economically viable.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What was your first MMO?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived