This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Valve you greedy ******

  • Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Valve you greedy ******

User Info: Ravenoussd

3 years ago#21
hey that card system has funded me some great its great that i get free money and valve gets some too

User Info: Pokenub

3 years ago#22
DerPancake posted...
I really didn't use the market system that much, but I just noticed Valve charges takes around 20% of everything that is sold on the market lol, so this is the only point of the cards? So people sell them and Valve can get more money, I mean there is a reason you only get 50% of the card set for each game you play so you can buy them from other people, though you can trade them with other people so there is that...

I've used the trading system to get two badges to level 5, and considering I have bought them with money out of my steam wallet from cards I've sold, I've lost absolutely nothing out of it.

The only benefit to badges is adding more friends to be honest, so unless you've gone mad with adding people, you don't have that much of an issue.
Damn it.. I swear I had something for this..

User Info: Kokuei05

3 years ago#23
The fee's are high but I don't mind them. I've gotten several dollars from just owning games. I've also gained over $50 wallet from just playing CSGO so charge whatever % you want.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

3 years ago#24
15% isn't really that high in the grand scheme of things. The idea is Valve takes 15%, and the developer takes whatever they want, but ideally about the same for a total of 30%. Seems to normally amount to two or three cents.
god invented extension cords. -elchris79

User Info: ThePonyCollie

3 years ago#25
DerPancake is derping again. Just be glad you're getting something from a useless feature.

User Info: crawdad

3 years ago#26
How are people making actual money from playing a single game like that?
Expert at the Monster Mash.
GT: Gojirra | PSN: Gojirra102 |

User Info: SleepComa

3 years ago#27
Pretty genius idea. Every one wins.

Also I just got a Batman AO foil card that I can sell for $1! =p
*Projectile Vomits* Those prices are fantastic!

User Info: daniel79

3 years ago#28
Sc24life posted...
itt: it's impossible for a business to be greedy.

Come to England, own a house and pay for the gas and electric.

Then stop talking crap.

User Info: TropicMoon10

3 years ago#29
You mean the cards Valve gave you to begin with? You're complaining about selling something that you literally get rewarded with for playing video games you own.

User Info: ChromaticAngel

3 years ago#30
Blobs_ posted...
Yes, everything volvo makes is secretly Valve Money Collection Device #43758


not everything is #43758. the number changes.
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Valve you greedy ******

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

  • Topic Archived