This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is it worth upgrading to windows 8.1 for gaming?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. is it worth upgrading to windows 8.1 for gaming?

User Info: darkstar4221

darkstar4221
3 years ago#11
Treason686 posted...
I can't really say.

You didn't say what you're running now. If you're running 7, I really can't recommend 8 whatsoever. It's a turd. It will go down as one of the biggest flops ever. Rumors are that MS is already working on a new OS to be released in 2015.

If you're already running 8, I can't think of any reason not to upgrade to 8.1. I don't recall having trouble with any games except Freedom Force, which has had issues with Vista and up.

Considering Titanfall isn't even released yet, I would bet a month's salary that it will work on 8.1 at launch.

Windows 9 will be worse than 8 I bet. Yet Microsoft will still be able to garner billions of dollars selling bad software.

User Info: EpicKingdom_

EpicKingdom_
3 years ago#12
I might hate it, but I will do it if it truly is a performance upgrade. Big or small, doesn't matter.
The PC gaming Master Race will never die out. We will continue to train, raise, and breed Master Race.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. is it worth upgrading to windows 8.1 for gaming?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived