This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would upgrading from an on-board iGPU to a 760 allow more headroom for Dolphin?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Would upgrading from an on-board iGPU to a 760 allow more headroom for Dolphin?

User Info: JohnnyKooch

JohnnyKooch
3 years ago#1
To being with clarification, I really am using my GCN back-ups when running Dolphin.
I already have a legal hard-copy of any GCN game worth playing, and I use Dolphin specifically to drastically enhance the quality of these games.

That said, I've been running Dolphin, switching back and forth from 3.5 to 4.0.2, with an A10-6800k and the iGPU with it. For most games I do have a little bit of room to usually make it appear much nicer than the way it is designed to run, while sustaining 60FPS with very slight dips, rarely.

I am completely aware that the CPU is far from top of the line, and that higher tier Intel's are recommended for Dolphin, but I was mainly wondering if upgrading my GPU is going to allow me more room for possibly higher resolutions and AF, as long as my CPU isn't bottle-necking it too hard?

I would see for myself, but my 760 is en route, and about two days until delivery.

User Info: WyzeGye

WyzeGye
3 years ago#2
yes. expect higher framerates when rendering at a higher resolution. 1080p should be a breeze for you when it comes in.
http://i.imgur.com/e4IiIHn.png

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
3 years ago#3
Yep. The gpu will limit the resolution/aa while the cpu will limit the minimum/average frames.
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Would upgrading from an on-board iGPU to a 760 allow more headroom for Dolphin?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived