This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Could a kind member double check my build to ensure compatibility?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Could a kind member double check my build to ensure compatibility?

User Info: Aeon320

Aeon320
3 years ago#1
Good afternoon all,

I was wondering if you could take the time to double check my final build - I'm going to be picking up all the parts when income tax comes in. I already have a 750W OCZ PSU, and 4x4GB RAM (probably 1333Mhz). I need to make sure that everything will fit (which it should, only concern is GPU) and will be compatible. I've already checked myself, but I'd feel better with almost a 'proof-read'. Thanks for your time.

Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540
PSU: (750W OCZ)
Mobo: ASUS Maximum VI Formula LGA1150 Z87
CPU: Intel i7-4770k 3.5Ghz
GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 780TI SC 3GB
RAM: (4x4GB 1333Mhz)
Storage: Samsung Pro 256GB SSD & (5400RPM HDD)
*Parentheses indicate reused parts.

I appreciate all of your help, and I can provide any other information please let me know?

User Info: tiger8191

tiger8191
3 years ago#2
Looks fine. Mobo socket is correct and it can take 1333 RAM. Do you know the exact RAM model you have? Only issue I can think is bolts but I doubt you'll run into an issue there.
www.twitch.tv/fearsomebeaver

User Info: HauntedBullets

HauntedBullets
3 years ago#3
Whats the price tag on all this together? Im looking for a decent build too and just curious on pricing.
PSN: HauntedBullets

User Info: it_r_over9000

it_r_over9000
3 years ago#4
HauntedBullets posted...
Whats the price tag on all this together? Im looking for a decent build too and just curious on pricing.

A ballpark guess from me would be somewhere around ~$1600 or more.
i7 4770k| Asus Z87 Plus| EVGA GTX 760 2GB| Corsair VengeanceLP 8GB (2x4)1866| EVGA SuperNOVA Nex 650G 650w| Thermaltake Chaser A31 Snow White
PSN- ponmbr [R3D]
(message deleted)

Aeon320
3 years ago#6
HauntedBullets posted...

It is like $1750 all together with shipping, and without any sales. That is without a PSU, RAM, or HDD involved in the price.

Regards,
Aeon

User Info: r0ge00

r0ge00
3 years ago#7
Looks fine. Any particular reason you need a $300 motherboard?

Aeon320
3 years ago#8
tiger8191 posted...
Looks fine. Mobo socket is correct and it can take 1333 RAM. Do you know the exact RAM model you have? Only issue I can think is bolts but I doubt you'll run into an issue there.

I don't /: Could you elaborate on what 'bolts' you are referring to?

Aeon320
3 years ago#9
r0ge00 posted...
Looks fine. Any particular reason you need a $300 motherboard?

Nothing in particular - just the included sound seems to be an upgrade over the Hero's, and I will eventually SLI. Should I opt for the Hero instead?

User Info: r0ge00

r0ge00
3 years ago#10
Aeon320 posted...
Nothing in particular - just the included sound seems to be an upgrade over the Hero's, and I will eventually SLI. Should I opt for the Hero instead?

If you want to spend money on your sound, don't pour it into the motherboard. Just get a separate sound card. A $70 Sound Blaster Z is going to be better than what you get on the $300 board and will give you more flexibility.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Could a kind member double check my build to ensure compatibility?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived