This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Could a kind member double check my build to ensure compatibility?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Could a kind member double check my build to ensure compatibility?

User Info: tiger8191

tiger8191
3 years ago#11
Lol sorry that should read volts not bolts.
www.twitch.tv/fearsomebeaver

User Info: DerPancake

DerPancake
3 years ago#12
Aeon320 posted...
r0ge00 posted...
Looks fine. Any particular reason you need a $300 motherboard?

Nothing in particular - just the included sound seems to be an upgrade over the Hero's, and I will eventually SLI. Should I opt for the Hero instead?

Not sure you can SLI 780ti with a 750W PSU, and if you could you would probably be running on the limit,.
http://i.imgur.com/mng6Lqf.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/mxvh3ut - Taylor Swift: Queen of Pop.

User Info: r0ge00

r0ge00
3 years ago#13
DerPancake posted...
Not sure you can SLI 780ti with a 750W PSU, and if you could you would probably be running on the limit,.

750W is more than enough.

User Info: smelly_boob

smelly_boob
3 years ago#14
im surprised your ocz power supply is still working, i went through 3 of them over the last 7 years (600 and 700 W gameextreme ones),,, and i had a much less demanding system

User Info: Psythik

Psythik
3 years ago#15
Aeon320 posted...
HauntedBullets posted...
Whats the price tag on all this together? Im looking for a decent build too and just curious on pricing.

It is like $1750 all together with shipping, and without any sales. That is without a PSU, RAM, or HDD involved in the price.

Regards,
Aeon
And half of that is the graphics card... :/
4670k | 2GB GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Win8.1 Pro
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt56/S26DG44B/PsythikViolet_Blooded.jpg

User Info: Aeon320

Aeon320
3 years ago#16
smelly_boob posted...
im surprised your ocz power supply is still working, i went through 3 of them over the last 7 years (600 and 700 W gameextreme ones),,, and i had a much less demanding system

My current system isn't demanding at all! It's just a rehashed old dell prebuilt, with new RAM, PSU, and case. I had a Radeon 6850 but it got fried when I was younger. My mom flipped the switch haha. I haven't had a gaming quality PC for a while.

Aeon320
3 years ago#17
r0ge00 posted...
Aeon320 posted...
Nothing in particular - just the included sound seems to be an upgrade over the Hero's, and I will eventually SLI. Should I opt for the Hero instead?

If you want to spend money on your sound, don't pour it into the motherboard. Just get a separate sound card. A $70 Sound Blaster Z is going to be better than what you get on the $300 board and will give you more flexibility.

I figured with the suite of on board services, the ROG armor for keeping a stable OC (the Haswell especially due to the on board volt regulator) at 4.5Ghz ideally, and the audio would just be a bonus. Is the upgrade from the Hero not worth $100.00?

Also I don't really have the cash for a sound card right now unless I downgrade the mobo. I'm really interested in the discussion - if its not worth the premium why spend the money? Thanks for the criticism.

Aeon320
3 years ago#18
Psythik posted...
Aeon320 posted...
HauntedBullets posted...
Whats the price tag on all this together? Im looking for a decent build too and just curious on pricing.

It is like $1750 all together with shipping, and without any sales. That is without a PSU, RAM, or HDD involved in the price.

Regards,
Aeon
And half of that is the graphics card... :/

It can't be helped! And technically, only 7/17'ths is the graphics card, or some obnoxious fraction like that. But I get what you mean!

User Info: Flaktrooper123

Flaktrooper123
3 years ago#19
2x8gb or 2x4gb RAM would be preferable, I don't think you want to fill up everything immediately.

I have that motherboard too, still good price if you need everything on it. Still, if you don't need the AC wifi card and planning to use a soundcard, get a Sabertooth instead.

User Info: r0ge00

r0ge00
3 years ago#20
Aeon320 posted...
I figured with the suite of on board services, the ROG armor for keeping a stable OC (the Haswell especially due to the on board volt regulator) at 4.5Ghz ideally, and the audio would just be a bonus. Is the upgrade from the Hero not worth $100.00?

Marketing buzzwords. It's not going to do anything but look cool. If you like the looks, by all means go for it, but unless you're extreme overclocking or a huge enthusiast, you're usually fine maxing out your motherboard budget at $200. The Hero is even more than I would spend. The sweet spot is usually around $160-$180 IMO.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Could a kind member double check my build to ensure compatibility?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived