This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Steam Gems

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Steam Gems

User Info: RoutineInsanity

RoutineInsanity
3 years ago#1
Looking to boost my library.

can anyone point out some hidden gems Steam has to offer?

I'm into pretty much anything but mostly play action/adventure, RPG, MMO, shooters, and survival games.

recently gave Rust a try and I love it.....well...when i'm not getting shot in the back while gathering wood.

Also found Infestation to be quite enjoyable (again....if i can avoid getting shot in the back while gathering supplies)

looking into DayZ...but not entirely sold on it yet.
ASRock z87 Extreme3 / i5-4670K / 8GB Vengence / Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 / Samsung 120GB SSD / Seagate Barracuda 1T HDD / Windows 8 / Asus VG23AH

RoutineInsanity
3 years ago#2
And 7 Days to Die looks like it might be fun. anyone have any experience with it?
ASRock z87 Extreme3 / i5-4670K / 8GB Vengence / Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 / Samsung 120GB SSD / Seagate Barracuda 1T HDD / Windows 8 / Asus VG23AH

User Info: maybecalls

maybecalls
3 years ago#3
Mount and Blade Warband

User Info: TropicMoon10

TropicMoon10
3 years ago#4
You found Infestation enjoyable? That's an...unpopular opinion.

If you're into side scrollers I highly recommend Hell Yeah. It has really funny dialogue and satisfying action. Shadow Warrior 2013 is awesome and while it's not quite 'hidden' I feel it doesn't get the attention it deserves.
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg

RoutineInsanity
3 years ago#5
TropicMoon10 posted...
You found Infestation enjoyable? That's an...unpopular opinion.

If you're into side scrollers I highly recommend Hell Yeah. It has really funny dialogue and satisfying action. Shadow Warrior 2013 is awesome and while it's not quite 'hidden' I feel it doesn't get the attention it deserves.

I've got Shadow Warrior, really fun hack and slash.

I know my opinion on Infestation isn't the popular one, but it's a nice little $15 distraction. The dynamics are a little off (very difficult to survive a melee encounter with more than one zombie) but it's a fun...decent looking game. not something i can sit and play from sun up to sun down....but it's fun for an hour or two.

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
3 years ago#6
So basically you like playing the identical terrible game with different names?

Try the Assassins Creed series
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
GestapoFAQs http://i.imgur.com/prqCDHz.png http://i.imgur.com/ooNGE4u.png

RoutineInsanity
3 years ago#7
TimePharaoh posted...
So basically you like playing the identical terrible game with different names?

Try the Assassins Creed series

Already have them on Playstation and really don't want to re-buy anything.

And you can't really say that the games are terrible unless you've played them. I went into Infestation with an open mind (even though it got horrible reviews all around) and i'll admit...it's not a FANTASTIC GAME....but it's a nice little distraction if i don't have enough time to get lost in something else. And Rust i went into almost completely blind (only thing i had heard about it was that it was a more adult version of Minecraft) and I love it (although it gets frustrating having to find ways to dodge the vets that have a military like arsenal)

I'm a survival horror fan, and i haven't had much luck finding a good survival horror game, so i jump at what's available.

User Info: biohazard1775

biohazard1775
3 years ago#8
La Mulana
http://i.imgur.com/AuuOUVo.png

User Info: Ch3wy

Ch3wy
3 years ago#9
The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim is a nice hidden gem.
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 years ago#10
maybecalls posted...
Mount and Blade Warband

This

And lol at infestation, that's just a scam run by known scam artists.

Have any Nigerian princes contacted you? I hear some of them have a dead relative and need some money to get the paperwork through, and in return they will send you half their fortune.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Steam Gems

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived