This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have a $300.00 budget for a new card......

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I have a $300.00 budget for a new card......

User Info: neoamerican

neoamerican
3 years ago#1
My old card is a 9600GT

What do you recommend? I can stretch it another 50 to 75, but that's it.
The American dream means equal opportunity for its citizens. The neoamerican dream is the same thing but has a high speed car chase. {WOT}

User Info: -CJF-

-CJF-
3 years ago#2
Might want to list the rest of your hardware. If your old card was a 9600 GT the rest of your hardware might bottleneck a $400 card.

neoamerican
3 years ago#3
AMD A8 5500 APU
Nvidia 9600 GT
8 GB Ram

I will need to upgrade the power supply
The American dream means equal opportunity for its citizens. The neoamerican dream is the same thing but has a high speed car chase. {WOT}

User Info: Crimson_Jesus

Crimson_Jesus
3 years ago#4
GTX 760 and the rest can go on that new power supply.
If you believe in Cthulhu and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/AJSadler/Sigs/CrimsonJesus.jpg

User Info: Sergei_Dukanov

Sergei_Dukanov
3 years ago#5
Two 7850's or two 7870's. Its doable for about $350
FX8350 oc'ed 4.8ghz| Kraken X60| SA R9 290| ASRock 990fx Extreme9| 16 gigs ripjaws ddr3| Evo 240GB ssd| 1TB cuda'| antec 750W| NZXT Phantom

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
3 years ago#6
Okay, I'm curious. How did you wind up with an APU and a 9600GT? And for that matter, is a 9600GT even better than an APU anymore?
god invented extension cords. -elchris79

neoamerican
3 years ago#7
Crimson_Jesus posted...
GTX 760 and the rest can go on that new power supply.

I thought so. I will probably go that route. Thanks!

Unless anyone else has a better idea?

neoamerican
3 years ago#8
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Okay, I'm curious. How did you wind up with an APU and a 9600GT? And for that matter, is a 9600GT even better than an APU anymore?

I buy stock PCs and back fit them with whatever. It's the only/cheapest way to balance out the hobby with work/family.

In this case, I never got around to upgrading the GPU as the 9600GT (From my last full custom build) can play everything I like.

Reason? Well, if you are married, you know why.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
3 years ago#9
neoamerican posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

I buy stock PCs and back fit them with whatever. It's the only/cheapest way to balance out the hobby with work/family.

In this case, I never got around to upgrading the GPU as the 9600GT (From my last full custom build) can play everything I like.

That actually seems a rather expensive way of going about it...
god invented extension cords. -elchris79

neoamerican
3 years ago#10
DarkZV2Beta posted...
neoamerican posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

That actually seems a rather expensive way of going about it...

Part for part, not really. I never spend more than $500.00 on a stock PC and I cannibalize as much as I can. I only do this once a generation if I can't just upgrade the old PC.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I have a $300.00 budget for a new card......

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived