The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

X-com Declassified for $5 or Tomb Raider for $7? Amazon Digital.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. X-com Declassified for $5 or Tomb Raider for $7? Amazon Digital.

User Info: MrFail

MrFail
3 years ago#1
I read that Declassified was like ME3 which I found fun, but there are tons of shining reviews for Tomb Raider.

Should I just wait longer? Think prices will go lower than that for steam maybe? Can anyone who played them both recommend one vs the other?

User Info: j2_tha_mac

j2_tha_mac
3 years ago#2
Haven't played Declassified, but I can tell you that Tomb Raider is a great, great game well worth that price, hell I'd say it's worth it at full price.

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
3 years ago#3
Go with Tomb Raider.

Yeah, Declassified is sorta like ME3 gameplay on steroids except it's not very fun. The introduction level is a blast but that's only because it gives you some awesome characters with fun abilities... and then it takes them away from you. I only played through the first few level before putting it away but I remember the cooldown on abilities taking waaay too long and that my AI teammates don't seem to understand how cover works (they'll go to cover like I order them to but won't actually use the cover in an effective manner)

So yeah, go with TR.

User Info: steker16

steker16
3 years ago#4
is that the xcom 3rd person shooter? that game is a whole new level trash, Tomb Raider is atleast a solid game worth playing once

MrFail
3 years ago#5
steker16 posted...
is that the xcom 3rd person shooter? that game is a whole new level trash, Tomb Raider is atleast a solid game worth playing once

I read mixed reviews. Most of the bad reviews just deal with how the game wasn't what the poster expected, which to me isn't a reason to give a game a bad review.

User Info: steveboblarry

steveboblarry
3 years ago#6
Xcom declassified was a a great game.
IceJFish is the next drake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq_d8VSM0nw

User Info: KaiRyusaki

KaiRyusaki
3 years ago#7
Implying there wont be an Xcom bundle with The Bureau in the $1 tier.

I hear nothing but great things about The Bureau, lack of advertising but "spin-off" probably caused it to sell poorly

MrFail
3 years ago#8
KaiRyusaki posted...
Implying there wont be an Xcom bundle with The Bureau in the $1 tier.

I hear nothing but great things about The Bureau, lack of advertising but "spin-off" probably caused it to sell poorly

Well, I already own the most recent X-com. Not the DLC though. So I'm not really interested in a bundle.

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 years ago#9
Its down to 5 dollars already, wow, fell hard. Its cheaper than the actual x-com game now.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: pitt12177

pitt12177
3 years ago#10
Declassified is a bag of ass. I'm sorry. It's a clunky, uninspired mess that they threw into the Xcom universe and tried to force you to love it with unlikeable characters and a bland environment.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. X-com Declassified for $5 or Tomb Raider for $7? Amazon Digital.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived