This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is there any way to prevent android Chrome from defaulting to mobile versions...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. is there any way to prevent android Chrome from defaulting to mobile versions...

User Info: Arsene-Lupin

Arsene-Lupin
3 years ago#1
...of websites? Browsing siliconera is impossible because the site's mobile version gets locked up on giant-ass ads and popups.
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."

User Info: Freakwave003

Freakwave003
3 years ago#2
In the settings, there should be something that says "Request Desktop Version" or something like that.
i7 3770K @ 4.4 GHz | GA-Z77-D3H | Corsair H100i | 16GB HyperX Beast | ASUS GTX 770 | Intel 520 SSD | Seasonic 660w Platinum | Corsair 500r

User Info: Psythik

Psythik
3 years ago#3
Switch to a browser that lets you choose your User Agent. Personally I use Boat Browser. I like it especially because it looks more like desktop Chrome than Chrome.
4670K | 2GB GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Win8.1 Pro
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt56/S26DG44B/PsythikViolet_Blooded.jpg

User Info: Shpoople

Shpoople
3 years ago#4
That request desktop site function hardly ever works, some websites still give you the mobile version. The worst thing is when you click a hyperlink, then the site loads the homepage
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. is there any way to prevent android Chrome from defaulting to mobile versions...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived