This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What Motherboard for an i5 4670?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What Motherboard for an i5 4670?

User Info: weAREtheB0RG

weAREtheB0RG
3 years ago#1
Wanting to build a PC, and I think I've decided I want an i5. It'll be primarily used for gaming. Is the 4670 the model I want? I have no interest in OCing, so I really don't want to shell out the extra for a k model.

My other question is what chipset do I want / need for this i5 (or whatever is agreed upon as the best non k model i5)? I want a mini ITX motherboard, so what would you recommend? The cheaper the better, but I don't want a bad motherboard or one that doesn't have the optimal chipset for the CPU. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

User Info: The Hulkster II

The Hulkster II
3 years ago#2
how much do you want to spend total and what do you want on the board
../|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-, And That is True!

User Info: Flaktrooper123

Flaktrooper123
3 years ago#3
Generally if people want the K processor, you have to get Z87 motherboard. Though if you don't overclock, you are fine with B85.

User Info: weAREtheB0RG

weAREtheB0RG
3 years ago#4
The Hulkster II posted...
how much do you want to spend total and what do you want on the board

I'd like to spend under $60, but I don't see many options for the mini itx form factor, so I'll probably have to spend more. I don't really need much out of it, my build will use an EVGA 760 GPU, and 4gb of RAM, although I'll upgrade to 8 in the near future. Maybe a couple case fans, but nothing overkill. WiFi would be nice but I know that's more of a feature I'd have to pay $100+ for, so its definitely not a deal breaker.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What Motherboard for an i5 4670?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived