This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Affordable cloud storage for pictures/videos?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Affordable cloud storage for pictures/videos?

User Info: CardigansFan

CardigansFan
3 years ago#1
I'm looking at options to securely store my pictures/videos taken with my camera. Right now they're split between a few places, but most with only one copy - and I don't want to lose most of it. I'm thinking of cloud storage since I don't have to worry about the phsycial space taken up, losing data in flood/fire, hard drive failure, etc.

But is there an affordable service out there for a 1TB+ of storage? At the moment I'm at like 200GB between all of my pictures/videos, and that'll easily go up to 1TB by the end of this summer.

Doesn't necessarily have to be high-speed access or something, I'll mostly be using it for archiving, and keep local copies of my better stuff for quick access.

Worst case scenario I'll just get a hotswap NAS with two 4TB drives in RAID 1, and store one of the drives in a fire safe when I'm not writing data (assuming you can just take one drive out like that and have it read-only or something).
1993 Saturn SL2 * Galaxy Note 3 * NX300

User Info: CardigansFan

CardigansFan
3 years ago#2
Bump.
1993 Saturn SL2 * Galaxy Note 3 * NX300
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Affordable cloud storage for pictures/videos?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived