This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

i5 4570s?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. i5 4570s?

User Info: weAREtheB0RG

weAREtheB0RG
3 years ago#1
What's the deal with the "s" processors? I read they are more power efficient, but I wonder if they are still ok for gaming? I'd like the cut down on power consumption, so it sounds like a good deal, since that will help mitigate heat some as well. Anyone have any experience with these processors?

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#2
They are fine for gaming. In terms of power consumption though, you're wasting your time, the difference is tiny when evaluated over a year, even if you ran it at 100% 24/7. If you want to cut down on heat, that's another matter.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: weAREtheB0RG

weAREtheB0RG
3 years ago#3
Cool, yeah I actually meant heat more than power. Would it realistically run much cooler or is it negligible? I'm wanting to build a really small form factor case, so cooling may be a bit of a problem to start, so anything I can do to keep the components cooler would be worthwhile.

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#4
You should be able to keep it under 60C at full load with a decent aftermarket cooler. Of course a decent aftermarket cooler might not fit depending on the case you use.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. i5 4570s?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived