This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"I don't like PC gaming because i can't sit on my couch and use a controller"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. "I don't like PC gaming because i can't sit on my couch and use a controller"

User Info: Fez_Watley

Fez_Watley
3 years ago#1
Is this the biggest myth when it comes to PC gaming?

User Info: protools1983

protools1983
3 years ago#2
Cost. Waaaay overblown.
Xbox One - The console that made me the PC gamer I am today.
Yah like dahgs?

User Info: Jonny2284

Jonny2284
3 years ago#3
^ That. More people tend to trot out "I can't afford a $500 graphics card every 3 months" than the couch/controller ones.

User Info: SleepComa

SleepComa
3 years ago#4
The fact that you have to build it yourself, I see that as the biggest drawback for the general masses.

That and if you want a pre-built it cost way more then it should.
*Projectile Vomits* Those prices are fantastic!

User Info: anthrax360x

anthrax360x
3 years ago#5
^ But what's a few hundred every few months compared to the initial minimum of one million dollars to build a decent PC?

Right?

RIGHT!?!
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.
Lenovo Y500: | i7 3630QM 2.4ghz | 8gb ram | Nvidia GT750M 2gb | 1tb HDD

User Info: halomonkey1_3_5

halomonkey1_3_5
3 years ago#6
yeah the cost one is still pretty widely regarded as true among the unwashed masses, especially right now(since most people look at the PS4 at $400 and think "if it costs a GAMES MACHINE $400 to do that, how much would it cost my facebook machine!?!?!?!")
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest

User Info: VIP86

VIP86
3 years ago#7
A gaming computer costs 4000. I just had that experience this past week. My friend wanted me to build their kids a computer and was willing to spend 4 grand.
i5-3570K| MAXIMUS V GENE| ASUS DCUII 670| CORSAIR XMS3 8GB| CORSAIR 350D| INTEL 520 180GB| CORSAIR H110i| CORSAIR AX750

User Info: triple s

triple s
3 years ago#8
Console gaming is more "convenient" even though most of the time playing a game is as simple as couple clicking the desktop icon...
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22

User Info: skillfactor

skillfactor
3 years ago#9
VIP86 posted...
A gaming computer costs 4000. I just had that experience this past week. My friend wanted me to build their kids a computer and was willing to spend 4 grand.

2000 will get it done. The extra 2k just future proofs it for a year
i5 2500k (4.7 ghz) / Noctua NH D14 / MSI 780 Twin Frozr / 16 gb ram ddr3 1600 / Corsair 500R White

User Info: smelly_boob

smelly_boob
3 years ago#10
console gaming is way easier than PC gaming... you cant ignore this fact. I'm not saying building a PC is difficult, but it is a heck of a lot easier to buy a console and controller... plug it in to a TV... and you are done.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. "I don't like PC gaming because i can't sit on my couch and use a controller"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived