This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

should I bother?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. should I bother?

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
3 years ago#1
Will the stock performance gains of a 770 justify $340 to upgrade my 7970 non ghz? Also stock settings btw.
Quite the dilemma....to coexist in a world that ostracizes you into obscurity

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#2
You have a 7970 and you want to upgrade, and you're considering a 770? Stop right there. If you want a worthwhile upgrade, look at the 780 or better.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
3 years ago#3
wait a generation or two
Not looking for an ending to make the pieces fit
Need is always pending on how much you can get

User Info: r0ge00

r0ge00
3 years ago#4
They're about equal in performance, so no.

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#5
A more worthwhile discussion is whether to sell your 7970 at the current Bitcoin-inflated price, you might get ~$400, and put those $340 + the money from selling your 7970 toward a 780 Ti.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: MasterDonGero

MasterDonGero
3 years ago#6
Shub posted...
A more worthwhile discussion is whether to sell your 7970 at the current Bitcoin-inflated price, you might get ~$400, and put those $340 + the money from selling your 7970 toward a 780 Ti.

Came to say this. TC, if you find some buyers, PM me, please.
3570K (4.5 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
3 years ago#7
I'll likely try craigslisting it for a flat $400....since I've sold video cards on there previously with success. Then again they weren't valuable like this one lol.....*waits for trade you Wii U, pocket watch, my son, ect for it*
Quite the dilemma....to coexist in a world that ostracizes you into obscurity
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. should I bother?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived