This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a way to cheaply upgrade this computer so I can play League of Legends?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there a way to cheaply upgrade this computer so I can play League of Legends?

User Info: Viking_Mudcrap

Viking_Mudcrap
3 years ago#1
http://i.imgur.com/KAbBdP6.png

That's an old computer I had in my house forever. I installed a fresh copy of windows,

I just want to be able to run LoL so I can play with my friends and so they will stop nagging me. I also wouldn't mind for it to work faster, since sometimes it takes too long with simple stuff.
4484-8357-2700
Trainer Name: Saga

User Info: Hanlo_is_back

Hanlo_is_back
3 years ago#2
League runs on a toaster, so I'm pretty sure it'll at least play. If it doesn't, buy a budget video card and you should be fine
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum

User Info: Lvthn

Lvthn
3 years ago#3
If it can't play LoL it's time to replace it outright.

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
3 years ago#4
750ti or 660, depending on your PSU/budget/available space within the case. Or maybe a low profile 7750. Hell, even a 750 should be fine for league.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

Viking_Mudcrap
3 years ago#5
Hanlo_is_back posted...
League runs on a toaster, so I'm pretty sure it'll at least play. If it doesn't, buy a budget video card and you should be fine

Well apparently a toaster is better than this computer and offers bread lol, since Can you run it says no and LoL is laggy as hell. Unplayable.
4484-8357-2700

Viking_Mudcrap
3 years ago#6
BTW I know nothing of computers guys, so all that is foreign to me.

I would appreciate links to new egg on what to buy.

Thanks for the help and time any of you put into this. I really appreciate it.
4484-8357-2700

User Info: Altmadragon

Altmadragon
3 years ago#7
Viking_Mudcrap posted...
Hanlo_is_back posted...

Well apparently a toaster is better than this computer and offers bread lol, since Can you run it says no and LoL is laggy as hell. Unplayable.

you need a new computer... pretty much any pre-built from a major store would play lol, even a labtop.
Merlin SM8| i7-4770k| Asus MaximusViFormula| AsusDC2 780 SLI| 32GB Kingston HyperX Beast| Seagate 3TB HDD| 250GB Samsung Evo| Swiftech 480x2 rads, Acrylic Loop|

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
3 years ago#8
If you could take a picture of the back/inside of the case and find the wattage on your PSU that'd go a long way towards helping us give a recommendation.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

Viking_Mudcrap
3 years ago#9
PhilOnDez posted...
If you could take a picture of the back/inside of the case and find the wattage on your PSU that'd go a long way towards helping us give a recommendation.

I was thinking of doing that.

I'll make a topic later singe I gotta run out in a little while.

I'll make a new topic tomorrow. with more info. When I make a topic, do you mind if I send you a pm?
4484-8357-2700

User Info: Slayn

Slayn
3 years ago#10
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127687&nm_mc=OTC-pr1c3grabb3r&cm_mmc=OTC-pr1c3grabb3r-_-Electronics-_-MSI-_-N82E16814127687&scpid=7&scid=scsho5452398

Just order that and stick it in, GG son.
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there a way to cheaply upgrade this computer so I can play League of Legends?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived