This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Far Cry 3 PC and ps3 difference?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Far Cry 3 PC and ps3 difference?

User Info: TowerBooks3192

TowerBooks3192
3 years ago#1
Hi! I am curious how both versions are and how the ps3 is compared to the pc version. I kind of want to get the ps3 version if there aren't any performance issues since I don't know if I could run it with my 660ti. My main concerns are difference in the contents of the game vanilla and whether any DLCs (blood dragon not included) are worth it. I am looking towards playing the game mainly on singleplayer though.
AC new leaf FC: 1547-5212-4948. Name: Miiguel Town name: Tower

User Info: triple s

triple s
3 years ago#2
Your 660 TI would outclass the PS3 version by a mile.
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22

User Info: daveyman23

daveyman23
3 years ago#3
I ran it on high with a 560 and an fx-4100. It drop into the 40's at some points but ran overall very smooth. Your 660ti will do great

triple s
3 years ago#4
Let's also add that the PS3 struggles to play the game at 30fps(often in the lower 20's with action) and is 720p(probably lower)

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
3 years ago#5
PS3 struggles to run the game on sub-low settings. 660Ti will run it maxed out much, much better than PS3 could ever hope to.(or PS4 for that matter.)
god invented extension cords. -elchris79

TowerBooks3192
3 years ago#6
Ok, I will try it on my pc then. Really worried about running it since I usually play strategy games on m 660ti.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
3 years ago#7
Why? It's not like 660Ti will explode from OMG TEH ACSHUN.
god invented extension cords. -elchris79

triple s
3 years ago#8
Well, the "m" 660 TI makes it a little different but it will still run it better than the PS3.

TowerBooks3192
3 years ago#9
Just a question, are DLCs worth it and why doesn't it have any DLCs on steam. I think its a coincidence I asked about it when it is on sale on Steam. Checked my account and forgot I already purchased the game way back but never downloaded it.

I have a side question, is XCOM enemy within for the PS3 (it would cost me $19) worth it? I got the original Enemy Unknown since release and I played til the last mission but quit due to some unpatched bugs at that time. I can't find a cheaper copy anywhere and the most recent one I found is $22 off gamersgate but it doesn't include slingshot and other DLCs while the PS3 version would give me all for ($19). As usual my concerns are performance issues and bugs on both versions or if it is worth it.

User Info: TheSmilingLord

TheSmilingLord
3 years ago#10
Just get it and the DLC for PC. You need to go through Uplay, but I don't have any serious issues with it.

I ran it on max settings with my 560ti, buttery smooth for the most part.
Gamertag: Ragnarok
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Far Cry 3 PC and ps3 difference?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived