This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is gone home worth 19.99?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is gone home worth 19.99?

User Info: Voelger

Voelger
3 years ago#1
This game looks interesting. Any impressions?
Posted with GameRaven 1.1.6

User Info: steelix55

steelix55
3 years ago#2
No. Definitely not. Wait for a sale. It was like $7 bucks during the Christmas sale.
i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz || 212 EVO || GTX 780 || Vengeance 16GB RAM || 1TB HDD || ASRock Z68 E3G3 MB || Corsair TX750 PSU || 12X BD-ROM || Win7 x86

User Info: EGMRULZ

EGMRULZ
3 years ago#3
Gone home is worth $1.99.

I fixed the decimal place for you.
PC & Consoles > Everything

User Info: Loshadt

Loshadt
3 years ago#4
Absolutely not. It's not even a game, it's an interactive museum, I would wait until it's less than $5 before you even consider buying it.
Remember to hug you're waifu.

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
3 years ago#5
It's full of 90s nostalgia. I wouldn't recommend it at full price just based on its length (2 hours tops, less than a minute if you stumble upon the ending right off the bat) but for $5 it's interesting.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: Slayn

Slayn
3 years ago#6
I HIGHLY recommend Gone Home for $19.99, the game is EASILY worth that, this is the type of game where you need to support the devs. There is a reason why the game was Game of the Year. They don't make them like this anymore. Awesome story, very atmospheric, has a good message.
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.

User Info: Voelger

Voelger
3 years ago#7
Ok thanks
Posted with GameRaven 1.1.6

User Info: Loshadt

Loshadt
3 years ago#8
Slayn posted...
I HIGHLY recommend Gone Home for $19.99, the game is EASILY worth that, this is the type of game where you need to support the devs. There is a reason why the game was Game of the Year. They don't make them like this anymore. Awesome story, very atmospheric, has a good message.

Why would you do that to TC? Do you have a fetish for seeing people waste their money?
Remember to hug you're waifu.

User Info: arleas

arleas
3 years ago#9
It's over way too quick and it's not that great of a story (but still a better love story than Twilight).

If you buy it for $20 you'll be ready to strangle someone when it's over. If you buy it for $5 you'll only feel mildly ripped off.
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3201564081.png

User Info: noimnoturdaddy

noimnoturdaddy
3 years ago#10
$20 can buy you a night to remember with friends, or a night spent alone playing a crappy artsy-fartsy video game that'll make you wake up the next morning and go "Why didn't I spend that $20 on a night to remember with friends?"
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is gone home worth 19.99?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived