This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My comp blue-screened trying to update the MotionInJoy driver to use Better DS3.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. My comp blue-screened trying to update the MotionInJoy driver to use Better DS3.

User Info: LyokoNinja

LyokoNinja
3 years ago#1
I'm not worried about any data being lost or anything like that. I've had a few before on other computers and while they've been jarring, they've always been because of a specific issue I could replicate - in other words, all bark and no bite, though I'm sure I'm not using that completely correctly.

I'm using a solid state drive to boot Windows and a standard hard drive to store everything else, so I'm trying to keep it free of clutter. I found a file called MEMORY.DMP in C:\Windows, and I was wondering if it's safe to delete it outright to save my SSD a gig of space. Considering it was last modified at 7:59 PM, and it's currently 8:09 PM as I type this, I'm certain it's the file my computer dumped from memory.

tl;dr version: Is it safe to delete the MEMORY.DMP file in C:\Windows after a BSOD? Trying to save space on my SSD.
You mean you didn't sacrifice your 4 star Bulbasaur with 16
level up counters in order to Special Summon a 6 star Ivysaur?
- wind64a

User Info: sonic_man00

sonic_man00
3 years ago#2
Screw that. Use this.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller
I'd play more MMOs if there was no chat.

User Info: AnatomyHorror

AnatomyHorror
3 years ago#3
Only time my PC has ever blue screened is when running Motionjoy. I second what sonic_man said. Use a wrapper and never have to run another program to get your DS3 working again. Your DS3 will act exactly like a 360 controller, no need to run any programs before or after plugging it in.

User Info: LyokoNinja

LyokoNinja
3 years ago#4
I found that months, but I could never get it working. Followed the directions to a t, but no luck. I don't have a bluetooth dongle for my desktop, and I couldn't figure out how to work it through USB.
You mean you didn't sacrifice your 4 star Bulbasaur with 16
level up counters in order to Special Summon a 6 star Ivysaur?
- wind64a

User Info: sonic_man00

sonic_man00
3 years ago#5
LyokoNinja posted...
I found that months, but I could never get it working. Followed the directions to a t, but no luck. I don't have a bluetooth dongle for my desktop, and I couldn't figure out how to work it through USB.

All i did was hook it up through the charge cable.
I'd play more MMOs if there was no chat.

User Info: blax34dm

blax34dm
3 years ago#6
I am almost certain motionjoy ruined one of my ps3 controllers, I don't think anyone should use it.

User Info: monkmith

monkmith
3 years ago#7
blax34dm posted...
I am almost certain motionjoy ruined one of my ps3 controllers, I don't think anyone should use it.

i cant see how that is possible. isn't motionjoy just a program that runs on your pc?
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. My comp blue-screened trying to update the MotionInJoy driver to use Better DS3.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived