This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Turn based console style rpgs on PCs?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Turn based console style rpgs on PCs?

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
2 years ago#11
DetectivPenguin posted...
Outside of emulators is there much of anything out there? Don't care if its indies, anything is fine.

If you want console games go buy a console. PC is for PC games not modular console gaming.
You'll be my John G.

User Info: MaxCHEATER64

MaxCHEATER64
2 years ago#12
Does FFXV count?
i5-3570K @ 4.6 GHz | HD IceQ X 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T | Seagate XTD 2T + 16GB SSHD | 2x8 GB RAM

User Info: Spectral_Cloud

Spectral_Cloud
2 years ago#13
Should definitely give The Last Remnant a go, it's one of my favorite rpgs and i cannot recommend the game enough though be warned it's a tough one, and well kinda random at the same time. Completely turn based though and very very enjoyable if you love turn based rpgs.
(V)0-0(V) This is Mudcrab. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him achieve world Domination.

User Info: Adalwulfy

Adalwulfy
2 years ago#14
Trails in the Sky FC soon.
Same for its sequel by the end of the year.
http://i2.minus.com/idViX6TYCFObG.png

User Info: Slayn

Slayn
2 years ago#15
http://store.steampowered.com/app/107300/
You can spend $400 on a console and $400 on a cheap PC, or you can spend $800 to build your own and have the best of both worlds.

User Info: samuraigaiden

samuraigaiden
2 years ago#16
That is truly one of the most underrepresented genres in PC gaming. Other than the ones already mentioned (FF7-8, Last Remnant), there is very little.

Breath of Fire 4 and Grandia 2 got ported to PC back in the day, but they haven't been reissued since and are not available on digital distribution.

User Info: codyorr

codyorr
2 years ago#17
Fallout 3 is a console style game. If you use VATS it's kind of turn based.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
2 years ago#18
Penny Arcade games, Cthulhu Saves the World, Breath of Death VII, a crap ton of RPG Maker games
god invented extension cords. -elchris79

User Info: DieForMotherLand

DieForMotherLand
2 years ago#19
DetectivPenguin posted...
Outside of emulators is there much of anything out there? Don't care if its indies, anything is fine.

Can you be a little more specific?

I mean, games Wizardry 8, M&M series, etc have a similar turn based battle system to Dragon Quest and SMT series, but the former are computer games.

And there are a lot of indie games that draw influence from oldschool JRPGs.
Deu > Colm > Volke > Rivis > Patty > Parn > Rennac > Lara

User Info: bouchart

bouchart
2 years ago#20
Septerra Core
You can't stop Bouchart.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Turn based console style rpgs on PCs?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived