This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How long did you wait until you built your first PC?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How long did you wait until you built your first PC?

User Info: Grunt40

Grunt40
3 years ago#1
I waited 9 years... 9 long years of daydreaming and wanting. When I started playing WoW 9 years ago, I remember wanting this awesome PC that can play WoW at high settings, and as I slowly dipped into PC gaming with my single core eMachines computer, the more I dreamed of having an awesome gaming rig that can run every game I throw at it with no problems. 9 years later, I finally paid for and built my dream computer (I put it together in early January) with a GTX 770 and an i5 4670k, and every day I still love that I finally have gotten what I've always wanted since I was a little kid, although it makes me feel old looking back on it.
Worst Shaco NA.

User Info: Bowsaa

Bowsaa
3 years ago#2
1-1.5 years or so, ordered my parts at the end of February last year.
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000

User Info: maybecalls

maybecalls
3 years ago#3
I bought my first computer (Sinclair Spectrum) in 1984, my first 'modern' desktop PC in 2003, and I built this PC (to replace the 2003 one) in 2011. It's the only PC I've built so far. I was 42 when I built it.

I'm pleased I finally got around to building one. It's good to know that I can (probably!) fix it if it conks out.

User Info: BIGGESTPS3FAN

BIGGESTPS3FAN
3 years ago#4
I built my first one in 2013. Built my second (The one in my sig) in 2014.

maybecalls posted...
I bought my first computer (Sinclair Spectrum) in 1984, my first 'modern' desktop PC in 2003, and I built this PC (to replace the 2003 one) in 2011. It's the only PC I've built so far. I was 42 when I built it.

I'm pleased I finally got around to building one. It's good to know that I can (probably!) fix it if it conks out.

Damn, you're old.
Intel i7 4930k | EVGA 780Ti SC x2 | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860i | 1TB Seagate HDD x2 | 120 GB Intel 520 SSD

User Info: maybecalls

maybecalls
3 years ago#5
BIGGESTPS3FAN posted...
I built my first one in 2013. Built my second (The one in my sig) in 2014.

maybecalls posted...

Damn, you're old.

Yeah, I know. I'll probably not survive long enough to build another PC.

User Info: MeLikeyPie

MeLikeyPie
3 years ago#6
4 years. The start of my freshman year, and I waited and waited using my crap laptop until I finally graduated. And the summer of my senior year, it was time to get to work.

Best investment ever. :3
Here I come, King of Heroes! Do you have enough weapons at your disposal? - Emiya Shirou

User Info: pokechampion

pokechampion
3 years ago#7
Like a year or so, with scholarships, and my mom helping me buying the CPU, and GPU, I just need an SSD, and that'll be all :3
Official Firaga of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy Board.
Steam Account: sephiroth_713

User Info: Boge

Boge
3 years ago#8
I didn't really wait. The moment I had the opportunity to build one, I did.

My family bought my brother's friend's computer when I was about 14 or so. I used it. Through other brothers buying and rebuilding their own computers, we ended up having some extra parts to put together a Pentium 100. I sat down with my brother and he walked me through it. I was probably, oh maybe 16.

I think a year or two later, my brother sold me his old computer. I've been building and maintaining my own system since. We never bought any prebuilt Dos/Windows based systems. They were all put together piece by piece.
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png

User Info: xxFierceFirexx

xxFierceFirexx
3 years ago#9
If I build a PC this year, it'll be 4.5 years of painful patience. Can't even run games on low settings on my "Ilovetobluescreenonyourface" laptop.

User Info: CrimsonVendetta

CrimsonVendetta
3 years ago#10
10 years. I always thought that gaming and messing with computers was an expensive hobby, but it's actually not that bad once you start making money for yourself.
Intel i5 4670k @ 4.5Ghz | Asus Z87 Deluxe | SLI GTX 780 | 256gb Samsung 840 Pro | 3TB Barracuda | Kingston HyperX Blu 16GB | H80i | Seasonic 1000w |
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How long did you wait until you built your first PC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived