This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Upgrade from GTX 560 to 750Ti ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Upgrade from GTX 560 to 750Ti ?

User Info: LordVy

LordVy
3 years ago#1
I was reading about the new GTX 750Ti and it seems to offer ok performance for 160 in Belgium.
This is my 2 year old setup:
GTX 560
i5 2500k (not OCd)
8 gigs RAM
and I may be looking at a new graphics card if it would be worth it.
Is it worth to upgrade to a GTX 750Ti or something else reasonably priced, or would I be better off waiting? Would upgrading bottleneck my CPU (too much)?

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
3 years ago#2
The 750ti wouldn't be much of an upgrade at all.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: Ep1taph303

Ep1taph303
3 years ago#3
Your next upgrade will be the gtx 860.

/thread

User Info: maybecalls

maybecalls
3 years ago#4
The cards offer about the same level of performance, but the 750Ti uses a lot less power. Your CPU is a match for any single graphics card on sale now. A decent upgarde would be a 760 or better. Or wait till the more powerful Maxwell GPUs arrive.

User Info: LordVy

LordVy
3 years ago#5
Huh, so 2 years later in about the same price range as the original if I remember, there isn't anything that's significantly better? That's kind of weird I guess.

User Info: foodeater4

foodeater4
3 years ago#6
The GTX 760 will completely outclass your current card. A cheaper option would be a GTX 660. The X50 cards are basically entry level gaming cards. Going up one level just from the X50 to a X60 gives a huge performance increase.

Budget cards are budget cards, they don't increase in power as much from generation to generation. Also the 750ti is not really increase in power, its a more efficient card. It offers similar power to the prior gen GTX 650's, but the GTX 750 does not require a 6 pin pci-e power connector like your old card does now. It makes it a great card to drop into any POS computer to get some decent gaming performance.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Upgrade from GTX 560 to 750Ti ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived