This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thief gets a 6.8/10

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Thief gets a 6.8/10

User Info: Logical_One

Logical_One
3 years ago#231
steveboblarry posted...
Logical_One posted...
calcycle posted...
I would like to test out the game, but it keeps crashing on startup.

Blessing in disguise? Probably not since I still paid for it.

It kind of is. I beat it and IMMEDIATELY uninstalled. The last 2 chapters were torture (especially considering how creepy and interesting chapter 5 was). All I have to say is:

There was a boss fight and it was just laughable (technically 2 if you count running from cover to cover while avoiding a bursting woman and picking up shards a boss fight). Think Human Revolution bad boss fights, except the whole game was nowhere near the quality of DE: HR.

It started out OK but then the whole game went off track--terrible story, horrible voice-acting and sound quality, inconsistent platforming, brain-dead AI and a pathetic map layout.

Lastly, more than 60% of the game was not even about being a Thief. Chapters 4-8 (inclusively) were not about being a Thief but rather rescuing a girl; you could steal as a byproduct of being around loot and not because it was the point of the mission.

Meh.

I guess don't regret buying it for only $25 (closer to $10 or $15 would have been better) but I will most definitely never play it again.
---

Chapter 5 was great. I am on 6 now I hope it will not be that bad

Nothing ever matches or surpasses Chapter 5. It's not even debatable--there is nothing remotely interesting about 6, 7 and 8 IMO.
---
Steam: LogicalOne / PSN: TheCoolBreeze / XBL: ZenTheShogun

User Info: steveboblarry

steveboblarry
3 years ago#232
Logical_One posted...
steveboblarry posted...
Logical_One posted...
calcycle posted...
I would like to test out the game, but it keeps crashing on startup.

Blessing in disguise? Probably not since I still paid for it.

It kind of is. I beat it and IMMEDIATELY uninstalled. The last 2 chapters were torture (especially considering how creepy and interesting chapter 5 was). All I have to say is:

There was a boss fight and it was just laughable (technically 2 if you count running from cover to cover while avoiding a bursting woman and picking up shards a boss fight). Think Human Revolution bad boss fights, except the whole game was nowhere near the quality of DE: HR.

It started out OK but then the whole game went off track--terrible story, horrible voice-acting and sound quality, inconsistent platforming, brain-dead AI and a pathetic map layout.

Lastly, more than 60% of the game was not even about being a Thief. Chapters 4-8 (inclusively) were not about being a Thief but rather rescuing a girl; you could steal as a byproduct of being around loot and not because it was the point of the mission.

Meh.

I guess don't regret buying it for only $25 (closer to $10 or $15 would have been better) but I will most definitely never play it again.
---

Chapter 5 was great. I am on 6 now I hope it will not be that bad

Nothing ever matches or surpasses Chapter 5. It's not even debatable--there is nothing remotely interesting about 6, 7 and 8 IMO.
---

I agree. Chapter 5 had that Outlast vibe going on
IceJFish is the next drake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq_d8VSM0nw

User Info: Spidey555

Spidey555
3 years ago#233
They need to make a horror stealth game.
360 GT: FiendishFiend
Steam: Spidey555
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Thief gets a 6.8/10

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived